PDA

View Full Version : DisplayPort not working on Intel and M1 Macbook BigSur 11.4

Adri
08-05-2021, 01:01 PM
Probably because I am new to this, but I can't get DisplayLink properly working on a Macbook Pro Intel and on a MacBook Air M1.
Both Macbooks are on macOS 11.4. DisplayLink is 1.4.0.

I use two 4K LG displays, connected to a HP usb-c Dock G5.

On the Intel Pro only one display work, when it is connected by HDMI. When using the DisplayPort-cable it does not work.

On the M1Air both displays connect but both display show the same (like synchronous view). Herewith it does not matter if the display is connected by HDMI or a DisplayPort.

On both macbooks the DisplayLink manager shows the connection status is : No monitor detected.

Screen Recording permission of DisplayLink Manager is enabled.

Power, Ethernet and keyboard are connected to the Dock and are working properly.

Any suggestions?

zackhatfield
08-05-2021, 09:17 PM
I'm using a Dell WD19S docking station, brand new, and am having all the same issues. The dual external Dell U2415 monitors will only mirror one another. SuPeR fRuStRaTiNg :confused:

rboerner
08-06-2021, 12:12 PM
I'm using a Dell WD19S docking station, brand new, and am having all the same issues. The dual external Dell U2415 monitors will only mirror one another. SuPeR fRuStRaTiNg :confused:

To the best of my knowledge, the Dell WD19S docking station does NOT use DisplayLink technology. My theory is supported by the fact that Dell does NOT provide a DisplayLink driver for download from the product's support page --> https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/dell-wd19s-130w-dock/drivers

The dock most likely has a DisplayPort MST hub which enables multiple displays, and DisplayPort MST technology is NOT supported in macOS. This is why both of your displays are being mirrored.

rboerner
08-06-2021, 12:14 PM
Probably because I am new to this, but I can't get DisplayLink properly working on a Macbook Pro Intel and on a MacBook Air M1.
Both Macbooks are on macOS 11.4. DisplayLink is 1.4.0.

I use two 4K LG displays, connected to a HP usb-c Dock G5.

On the Intel Pro only one display work, when it is connected by HDMI. When using the DisplayPort-cable it does not work.

On the M1Air both displays connect but both display show the same (like synchronous view). Herewith it does not matter if the display is connected by HDMI or a DisplayPort.

On both macbooks the DisplayLink manager shows the connection status is : No monitor detected.

Screen Recording permission of DisplayLink Manager is enabled.

Power, Ethernet and keyboard are connected to the Dock and are working properly.

Any suggestions?

To the best of my knowledge, the HP USB-C Dock G5 docking station does NOT use DisplayLink technology. My theory is supported by the fact that HP does NOT provide a DisplayLink driver for download from the product's support page --> https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-usb-c-dock-g5/27767205/model/27767206

The dock most likely has a DisplayPort MST hub which enables multiple displays, and DisplayPort MST technology is NOT supported in macOS. This is why both of your displays are being mirrored.