PDA

View Full Version : Suggested gear for M1 MB Pro for HDMI and LED Cinema Display

thedoommerchant
12-16-2020, 02:06 AM
Looking to upgrade to an M1 13" MacBook Pro and continue to utilize duel external monitors using a 27" LED Cinema Display and 1080p Asus monitor. My ideal setup would be to purchase an adapter like this (https://www.amazon.com/Purgo-Adapter-2018-2016-Delivery-Thunderbolt/dp/B07K5ZR6HS/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=usb%2Btype%2Bc%2Bhub%2Bm1%2Bmacbook&qid=1608076902&s=electronics&sr=1-3&th=1), and then a second adapter that will do USB-C to Mini Display Port. Unfortunately this display also has a USB-A cable tethered to it that would need to plug into a port on the hub to control brightness, sound, etc. I know this solution will cover the single monitor, but my question then is what to do about hooking up the Asus 1080p monitor to utilize DisplayLink.

This one currently plugs directly into my 2015 MB Pro via HDMI. I assume I cannot just plug the monitor into the hub linked to above, and that I would need to buy a secondary adapter that is certified as "DisplayLink Enabled" to get things configured correctly. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Perhaps I need some sort of docking station instead?