PDA

View Full Version : Dell DA200 USB-C Multi-Adapter

swamijitesh
07-30-2018, 04:23 PM
I have a Dell DA200 USB-C Multi-Adapter. How can I connect my android device (Nouget) (Type-C) to a Dell Monitor?

AlbanRampon
07-31-2018, 08:02 AM
Hello,

I recommend you contact Dell for assistance on that product.
Unlike the Dell DA100, this is not a product featuring DisplayLink technology.

Kind regards,
Alban

swamijitesh
08-06-2018, 10:50 PM
Hello,

I recommend you contact Dell for assistance on that product.
Unlike the Dell DA100, this is not a product featuring DisplayLink technology.

Kind regards,
Alban
Thank you Alban.
I got mine DA200 replaced with DA100 and now its working :)
Any idea, if there is a way to charge the phone, while it is docked.
Thank you once again for all your help.

AlbanRampon
08-09-2018, 06:34 AM
Hello,
The USB standard of micro-B plug doesn't allow this, as far as I know. The thing being charged had to be in device mode, but when you connect a device to the phone, it has to be in host mode.
But, many phones can be charged by using a non-standard USB splitting cable where you can apply a charger and still have a device. As this is not standard, you won't find it in the phone user guide.
If the phone is type-C, then it depends on which standards it supports and what is implemented.
Kind regards,
Alban

swamijitesh
08-09-2018, 03:51 PM
Hello,
The USB standard of micro-B plug doesn't allow this, as far as I know. The thing being charged had to be in device mode, but when you connect a device to the phone, it has to be in host mode.
But, many phones can be charged by using a non-standard USB splitting cable where you can apply a charger and still have a device. As this is not standard, you won't find it in the phone user guide.
If the phone is type-C, then it depends on which standards it supports and what is implemented.
Kind regards,
Alban
Thank you Rampon. I understand.
BTW, do you know any phone that work the way you described? :)