PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Tab S3 to VGA

cots
03-04-2018, 05:37 PM
Hello,

I have a new Samsung Tab S3. Unfortunately I have learnt that Samsung no longer supports MHL. However, thanks to aa quick surf on the internet, I have seen that S3 can be connected to HDMI via Displaylink products. I'd like to connect my S3 to a VGA projector device on my university only to copy the screen. I'd like to know if any of your devices support tihs option.

Thanks in advance,
Selim

rhw80
03-09-2018, 06:20 PM
I purchased a Diamond BVU5500H adapter plus a USB C to USB A adapter for my Samsung Tab S3. The Android Displaylink app on the tablet however won't recognize the BVU5500H so I'm not sure this is a viable solution.

aruproy@gmail.com
06-15-2018, 09:26 AM
I am experiencing a strange behavior on "Samsung Galaxy Tab S3". "Device Maintenance" is a system app on this device.

I need to establish wired connection from the tab to projector. Since MHL is not supported on the tab, I am trying to use DisplayLink adapters with "DisplayLink Presenter" app.

I have two types of DisplayLink adapters.
1. Diamond USB 3.0 display adapter
2. RayCue USB 3.0 HDMI Adapter.

I have several Android tabs/phones (including Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, Lenovo Tab3 etc.) - my setup works perfectly on all but "Samsung Galaxy Tab S3" tabs(I have multiple units).

If I change USB mode from notification bar, the USB mode is falling back to charging automatically. On other devices I see system message to allow screen capture and streaming confirmation dialog as soon as DisplayLink adapter is connected on OTG.

I suspect "Device Maintenance" is killing "DisplayLink Presenter" service. I have disabled power save mode in "Device Maintenance". But I cannot make my setup working from "Samsung Galaxy Tab S3". Any help in resolving this issue is much appreciated.

Regards