PDA

View Full Version : Internet no workie

DLmark
05-03-2017, 08:12 PM
I have used my Display Link Adapter with my Dell tablet and Asus tablet/notebook before, successfully to connect to the internet, wired.

Right now my Asus tablet is not connecting to Windows 8.1.
I have the DL drivers installed.

Shouldn't I just plug in the USB cable from the DL adapter into my tablet, and plug in my ethernet cable into the DL adapter and away I go?

Suggestions?

AlbanRampon
05-05-2017, 12:10 PM
Hi Mark,

Yes, pretty much. Unless you have some end point "protection" software which for your security decides you can't create a new network adapter...

Could you please use the third link in my forum signature to create the ZIP file with your logs when everything is connected so I can find out what's wrong?
You can attach the result here as only DisplayLink employees will be able to download the attachment.

Kind regards,
Alban

DLmark
05-06-2017, 04:29 AM
Could you please use the third link in my forum signature to create the ZIP file with your logs when everything is connected so I can find out what's wrong?
You can attach the result here as only DisplayLink employees will be able to download the attachment.

Kind regards,
Alban

Thanks for your reply!

I don't know what happened exactly. But while I was running your diagnostic software I noticed that my Dropbox was being updated! So that was a good sign.

It took a long time before the diagnostic finished.

Anyway when it did, I tried web browsing and this time it worked!

Not sure why. But maybe your diagnostic woke up my system. :)
I don't think I need to send you the file that was saved now.
But if things act up later I will have it to send you.

Thanks again for your help!

Mark

AlbanRampon
05-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Hello Mark,

The diagnostic, among other, runs the Windows command called "netstat (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff961504(WS.10).aspx)", to get connection status, among others.
That can nudge Windows generally speaking but that's not specific to the DisplayLink USB Ethernet adapter: it lists all.
Interesting to know that pinging the stack (without requesting changes) made it work, thank you for letting us know.

Kind regards,
Alban