PDA

View Full Version : DisplayLink monitors freezes views

Anton
07-12-2016, 01:45 PM
I have tried this multiple times with same result.

On Ubuntu 15.04 and Lenovo ThinkPad X1 carbon, I have 3 monitors - native and 2 via ThinkPad USB 3.0 dock station (Model: DU9091D1) - DisplayLink.

I have installed latest DisplayLink driver - 1.1.62

After opening multiple programs and at some point, monitors connected to DisplayLink, freezes view. System settings shows all monitors, mouse cursor blinks rapidly. Happy work time with all monitors, is around 5-10min.
Used programs - VirtualBox (with 2 virtual monitors), pgAdmin, Terminal, Firefox, Thunderbird.

Interesting - when I have opened all mentioned programs, and left PC for 5-10 min, monitors worked fine, and after ~5min of work - freezed.

Only PC restart helped. USB3.0 replug, Ubuntu settings change and dock station restart did not help.

ZIP with DisplayLink Linux Support Tool (1.0.11) is in attachment.

I will try to work with 1 native, 1 mini-DisplayPort and 1 DisplayLink monitors.

To be continued...

Anton
07-12-2016, 02:11 PM
Interesting behavior with different connection:

1 native, 1 mini-DisplayPort and 1 DisplayLink monitors.

DisplayLink monitor periodically (once in ~5min) freezes, turns black and starts to work again (all this freeze-black-restart long for around 5-10s).

Anton
07-13-2016, 07:56 AM
There is one more observation.

This time, I have tested 2 DisplayLink + 1 native display

Looks like this freeze is fatal on high CPU loads. On low CPU load, monitors still freezes, sometimes, then gets black, for a second and then works again.

Moreover cursor and overall monitor response on high CPU load, is low - displays works with delay, but on low CPU load - same response as on native display.

By high CPU load I mean ~90% of all cores average load, by low load ~30%.