PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 16.04 x64/Kernel 4.4.0.22/Latest Driver Crash

mourngrym
05-28-2016, 02:57 PM
EVDI is loaded (lsmod | grep evdi)
AppArmor is disabled (in fact removed)
DMESG show crash when device plugged
xorg reads and sees device and proper edid settings
crash reads drm.h/xorg tainted error (which apparently is a regression)

Here is the display link tool generated zip file

Termo
05-31-2016, 07:32 AM
I also see the modules loaded in lsmod, but nothing in xrandr or lsusb?!?

I see a complain in dmesg about:
evdi: module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing - tainting kernel

Is that related? Secure boot is disabled in bios

Running on a Lenovo X250

/Termo

EVDI is loaded (lsmod | grep evdi)
AppArmor is disabled (in fact removed)
DMESG show crash when device plugged
xorg reads and sees device and proper edid settings
crash reads drm.h/xorg tainted error (which apparently is a regression)

Here is the display link tool generated zip file

Szymon
05-31-2016, 09:19 AM
Hello,

The problem raised by mourngrym seems to be a valid bug which is already reported internally and were able to reproduce it. Thank you.

Termo,
Your problem is completely different. Could please report it in a separate thread and mention what kind of DisplayLink device you are using? I don't see it anywhere connected.

Szymon

sldennis82
07-18-2016, 09:29 AM
It happened all the times, on ubuntu 16.04 LTS, all updated, using the latest displaylink driver, downloaded 10 mins ago.

Szymon
07-20-2016, 01:27 PM
It happened all the times, on ubuntu 16.04 LTS, all updated, using the latest displaylink driver, downloaded 10 mins ago.

Your device is USB 2.0 based so even installing the latest driver from DisplayLink does not change the fact it still uses the default UDL driver. What's more I see UDL on the attached trace. As a workaround you try blacklisting UDL and make sure UDEV rule (/etc/udev/rules.d/99-displaylink.rules) matches your device.

sldennis82
07-21-2016, 07:35 AM
HI, i'm not quite familiar with the technicalities. i tried to add the line "blacklist udl" at the bottom of /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-framebuffer.conf, is that correct?

my 99-displaylink.rules is ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="17e9", ATTR{bNumInterfaces}=="*5", GROUP="plugdev", MODE="0660"

is that correct? because i'm using a wacom dtu-1031 and i know the vendor id for wacom is 056A.

I've added the blacklist udl and the problem still persists.
Please let me know what should i do exactly. Thanks!

sldennis82
10-13-2016, 06:54 AM
I've updated to the latest displaylink driver 1.2.65, however, unplugging a displaylink device (Wacom DTU-1031) still causes the system to crash. It doesnt happen if i unplug other usb devices.