PDA

View Full Version : DisplayLinkManager 1.1.62 - ERROR: modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'evdi': Required

Ulrick
05-17-2016, 02:45 PM
Hi,

I just downloaded and tried the latest drivers with ubuntu 16.04 , but with no luck.

I get the following error message:

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'evdi': Required key not available

I have tried to sign the module, but I'm not an expert and thus I'm probably not able to do it.

Thanks for your support,

Ulrick

Vanadium
05-19-2016, 08:00 AM
As a workaround, try turning off secure boot in your bios (i.e. UEFI, but insecure)

Ulrick
05-24-2016, 09:24 AM
Thanks Vanadium, it works now, and it is for sure better than nothing, but I still have some strange behaviours.

On my built in display, if I drag an application window to the right edge, it than place it in the middle and I cannot even enlarge the right side, but I have to move it and then enlarge the left side if the application window.

The external display instead, just show some resolutions, but not all of them.

But like I said,

Better than nothing!

UPDATE: after a couple of reboot, the build in display seems to work a little bit better (start blank, but reapplying changes it power on) , but the external display show always a limited amount of screen resolutions and has some glitches.

Thanks,

Ulrick

Vanadium
05-24-2016, 11:05 AM
I do not have the experience. If I do not mirror the displays, the external display is extremely jerky. The display is fluid when I mirror the displays, but still DisplayLinkManager uses 20% CPU while idle - currently, it even stays at 70% even if I am not typing. It all works poorly, and that on a Dell XPS 13 that officially is supported for Ubuntu.

Ulrick
05-24-2016, 12:40 PM
I do not have the experience. If I do not mirror the displays, the external display is extremely jerky. The display is fluid when I mirror the displays, but still DisplayLinkManager uses 20% CPU while idle - currently, it even stays at 70% even if I am not typing. It all works poorly, and that on a Dell XPS 13 that officially is supported for Ubuntu.
Yes, I have a very low performance and I'm using a Yoga 3 laptop, so I can feel that lots of power is used to update the external display.

Doing nothing, it uses 8% of CPU, and just moving the mouse in the external display goes up to almost 50%