PDA

View Full Version : No more sleep mode

blck77
03-11-2016, 07:00 AM
I use the Display link in order to add asecond Monitor to my Notebook. This is a Toshiba U500 with an ATI Mobility radeon HD 4500.

Operating System is win 10. This System worked flawless until I installed the Display Link.

After the installation the sleep mode of Windows 10 doesn't work anymore.

I always get a BSOD caused by the atikdag.sys which is a sys file from the graphic Ddiver.

These BSOD happen right sine the installation of DisplayLink therefore I see a direct Connection between the Display Link and the BSOD.

Otherwise the Display Link works fine.

Is there any Chance that this issue may be fixed? The Point is I always have to make a complete restart of the Notebook each time I use the sleep mode.

Thanks for any Support!

Regards

Michael

blck77
03-14-2016, 08:42 AM
Ok, then I Response myself :)

the BSOD after returning from sleep mode was caused by the HDMI port of the Notebook.

I attached both monitors to the display link hardware (1 with HDMI, the other with DVI) and the error was gone.

Now there are two possibilieties: either the HDMI port became faulty right at the moment when I started the display link hardware or the display link driver changed the HDMI settings of the notebook in a way which was not very helpful. Unfortunately there is no restore point available which lays before the installation.

Another point is, that the Notebook has a Radeon HD 4500 Mobility graphic Card. This graphic Card is no longer supported bei ATI and therefore there is also not ATI catalyst control center available. The driver comes directly from Microsoft and there are not many options to set any parameters.

So, that's how it is. At leat it works even though not the way I thought it should. And maybe my HDMI port is faulty. Probably I'll never know that for sure ;)

Regards

Michael