PDA

View Full Version : Occasional issue with 4K screen

larsivi
11-05-2015, 08:17 AM
I have a Dell XPS 15 with Nvidia Optimus hardware, but sofar I've only been using the Intel bit. The laptop itself has a 4k screen (but I run it with normal FullHD resolution), and I have a FullHD and a 4k screen attached via the DisplayLink.

Except for the issues and limitations mentioned, I've seen one additional problem here, and that was when I attached the external 4k screen. From time to time (some times per day), the screen blacks out for a short time before coming back. The screen itself pops up an info box saying something about what the resolution must be, suggesting to me that when this happens it detects a less than 4K resolution.

I know that the Intel card has a horizontal max resolution of 8192 (which is the main reason for not using 4k on the laptop screen), but this should still be plenty enough for all 3 screens. I didn't actually see anything relevant in any of the system logs I checked though.

I don't very often use the laptop screen, so I may try see how things work with it disabled.

DL support tool output is attached.