PDA

View Full Version : [Xorg 1.18] Menu's not visible

wpoely86
10-23-2015, 09:33 AM
I'm running the displaylink software on Fedora 23 with kernel 4.2.3 and X.org server 1.18.0 RC 1 on a Macbook pro.

I can get two display to work but there is an issue with all kinds of menu's (right click and other): they are not visible. Menu's are there: if you use the arrow keys and press enter, the selected action will happen. It only happens on the two displaylink attached screens, not on the laptop screen itself.

Furthermore: in the directory /var/log/displaylink there are several files but they all contain random strings. What's the deal here?

I also have a lot of trouble with xrandr. It seems I can use it once and then it gives me:
floating point exception.

Anything I can do to fix this?

wpoely86
11-06-2015, 08:49 AM
I've downgraded Xorg-server to 1.17 (from 1.18) and this solves the issue. The current displaylink drivers don't work properly with the latest Xorg-server.

However, the frequent crashes of xrandr remain. Futhormore, the mouse pointer is 'laggy'. It seems to have a tail even on the native display of my laptop when using an external screen.

linuxyz
01-18-2016, 05:52 PM
There's indeed a bug with DisplayLink and xorg 1.18. I confirm it (no drop down menu, no right click etc...)

Would it be possible to know when this will be fixed?
Thanks

ColdFire
01-24-2016, 10:22 AM
The Bug is in the X-Server - the same issue arises using other graphic drivers other multi-screen setups ...

Have the guys from Xorg fix it....

Meanwhile you can fix the entire problem using a downgraded X-Server form F22 with just this simple command:

sudo dnf --showduplicates --allowerasing --releasever=22 downgrade xorg-x11-server-Xorg

Afterwards you can add the line:

exclude=xorg-x11-server-Xorg

at the bottom to the file /etc/dnf/dnf.conf in order to hold back the updates next time you update your system using "dnf update"

After just a simple reboot your menus will probably work as expected

mdec
02-17-2016, 01:38 PM
The Bug is in the X-Server - the same issue arises using other graphic drivers other multi-screen setups ...

I have too Xorg 1.18.0-2 installed on Fedora 23, but the context menus disappear only with displaylink devices.
I have an useless Dell D3100 dock now, and I'm forced to use Dell's USB-C to VGA adapter (code 470 ABNC) since, with it, I can use the external monitor and correctly see the context menus.
BTW, right-clicking on the Gnome desktop shows the menu in place, while right-clicking in application windows shows the menu in the notebook's built-in screen or outside the external screen, as a single thin light row in the upper left corner.

DLsupport tool logs attached. Let me know if I can further help with logs/settings/etc.

My setup:

Dell XPS-13 9350
Dell D3100 usb dock
Dell USB-C to VGA adapter (code 470 ABNC)
Nec Multisync EA261WM (HDMI to DVI cable)

Fedora 23
kernel 4.4.0 (required for the wireless adapter to work) compiled for Fedora 23
Xorg 1.18.0-2 (distribution's default)
DisplayLink driver 1.0.335

AndyC
03-03-2016, 06:57 PM
So is there a bug number with XOrg or redhat or someone we can track ?