PDA

View Full Version : DisplayLink 7.9MO doesn't detect USB to VGA adapter

astroman
08-21-2015, 12:08 AM
USB to VGA adapter worked great with Windows 8.1. Upgraded to Windows 10 Home and quit working. Removed all the old software/drivers and downloaded the 7.9MO. Install stalls at "First Device Connection". Device manager shows it as a generic USB video device, with "Device cannot start, error code 10". This is a brand new Toshiba laptop purchased a week before Windows 10 was available to the general public on July 29th.

I've tried:
-Uninstalling and installing the newest version of DisplayLink (7.9MO)
-Manually extracting the INF driver from the original driver and the DisplayLink installer
-Ran SFC and CHKDSK, scanned for viruses, malware, and registry errors.
-Ran the DisplayLink cleanup tool
-Uninstalled "USB Video Device" from device manager
-Rebooted after each step
-Skipping the "First Connect" step to let the software finish installing, rebooting afterwards

Nothing has helped. I've attached the log from the DisplayLink tool that is supposed to help with install errors and collect system information.

PaulJ
08-21-2015, 08:16 AM
Hi astroman,

The file you've attached seems incomplete as it doesn't indicate you have any DisplayLink software installed. Did you create this after skipping the first connect step and letting the install finish?

Either way could you attach the entire file generated by the support tool to see if that shows anything else?

Thanks,
Paul

astroman
10-03-2015, 02:44 AM
Sorry it took me a while to respond. It's still not detecting the adapter during the software install. I've attached a new report.