PDA

View Full Version : Ethernet not working on D3000 after win 10 and 7.9 driver installation

MUrban
07-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Hi,

I have just upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10, and updated the displaylink drivers to 7.9. Everything seems to work just ok although I am a bit disappointed by removing the fast option to change modes of dual monitors, BUT my ethernet connection when the ethernet cable is connected to the docking station stopped working. The computer does not recognize the cable plugged in at all. If i plug the cable directly to the computer ethernet port, it works fine.

I've never had these issues with the previous "god knows what" version of your drivers i was running under win 8.1

I can live with plugging the ethernet cable directly to the computer for some time, but i would appretiate some kind fix for this.

I did buy the docking station to reduce the amount of cables needed to be plugged to the computer to minimum, but it seems that with Win 10 and 7.9 frivers i've also upgraded the number of cables from 2 (power and usb from the dock) to 3 (+ ethernet) ... not my kind of upgrade i must say...

Anyways looking forward to see any feedback.
In case you need any details about my setup, please feel free to ask.
Manny thanks and appretiate

Regards

Martin

MUrban
08-03-2015, 06:29 AM
Anyone? Any advice?

JamesH
08-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Hi,

Can you try the steps in this FAQ?
http://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/679177-troubleshooting-software-installation-upgrade

Thanks,
James

MUrban
08-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Thanks James!

I will do that first thing after I come home from work.
I will post the results afterwards.

Martin

ECourts
08-03-2015, 04:03 PM
I had the same problem after upgrading to Win10 and DisplayLink 7.9.

There were also 2 unknown devices in my Device Manager. Following the FAQ pointed to in the previous reply I was able to manually install the driver software for each of these devices from "C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software" whereupon the Ethernet adapter and Audio subsystem were discovered and now subsequently work fine....

(Thanks for the tip!)

MUrban
08-17-2015, 11:25 AM
After a couple of days I finally found a while to reinstal the drivers.
It works. Thanks again.

Cheers

Martin