PDA

View Full Version : MB168B+ Drivers not installing

Jimpilot
07-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Using lasts RC (7.9) everything works fine until it says it's updating the monitors. Then I get a message that the drivers are not compatible with the MB168B+

Jimpilot
07-19-2015, 10:35 PM
Using lasts RC (7.9) everything works fine until it says it's updating the monitors. Then I get a message that the drivers are not compatible with the MB168B+

Anyone have any ideas, the drivers it tries to load to the monitor are not compatible.

PaulJ
07-20-2015, 07:51 PM
Hi Jimpilot,

Can you give us a bit more detail please? Ideally could you post a screenshot or photo of any error message you are being shown? The latest software should work with your device.

Thanks,
Paul

Jimpilot
07-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Hi Jimpilot,

Can you give us a bit more detail please? Ideally could you post a screenshot or photo of any error message you are being shown? The latest software should work with your device.

Thanks,
Paul

The ezlink software installs normally but when I plug in the monitor it tries to install drivers on the monitor three times. Then I get a message that the drivers are not compatible with the mb168b+ monitor.

I think I uploaded a screen shot, it tells me in the bottom right corner that the drivers that are attempting to be installed are not compatible with my mb168b+

PaulJ
07-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Hi Jimpilot,

Thanks for the screenshot, that helps. The next step to help us determine why you're seeing this message would be to run our support tool and attach the output to the thread for us to look at. The tool can be downloaded from here:

http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/sla.php?fileid=109

Thanks,
Paul

Jimpilot
07-25-2015, 03:56 PM
Here is the file it created:2371

Jimpilot
07-28-2015, 02:42 PM
Anybody still out there?

PaulJ
07-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Yes, sorry, didn't get a chance to look at the logs you posted until today. Can you tell us how you got the 7.9 RC? Was it from Windows Update or did you download and install it yourself?

Jimpilot
07-28-2015, 03:45 PM
Well I tried it both ways, with the same results from both downloading from you site and Windows update

Jimpilot
07-30-2015, 03:43 PM
Any ideas?

PaulJ
07-30-2015, 03:47 PM
Have you retried with our new 7.9M0 release?

Jimpilot
07-30-2015, 08:19 PM
Yes with the same result. It insists the drivers are not compatible with my MB168B+

Any other ides before I give up on this monitor? Id hate to return it to Amazon, I really like it and it works well in my job.

Is there a more formal support request avenue?

PaulJ
07-31-2015, 09:49 AM
Hi Jimpilot,

Sorry we've not been able to resolve this sooner - unfortunately the logs you provided are not helping to determine why you were shown the incompatible drivers dialog. Could you please generate some new logs using the same support tool following the instructions below:

Disconnect the DisplayLink device from the computer

Press the Reset button in the DisplayLink support tool under Advanced Options

Turn on Advanced DisplayLink logging

Reconnect the DisplayLink device

Press Gather Support Information once the incompatible drivers dialog is displayed.

Hopefully that will help us determine the cause of your issue.

Thanks,
Paul

Jimpilot
07-31-2015, 02:56 PM
So it occurred to me that the issue seemed to be the loading of the drivers to the monitor which was a one time event. So I downloaded the display link new software on another computer and tried connecting it to the monitor.

The drivers loaded as planned and the monitor worked while connected to that computer. Then I connected the monitor to the original computer I couldn't load the drivers with and it works perfect.