PDA

View Full Version : Installation doesn't recognize USB adapter

Hubbleston
07-07-2015, 03:16 PM
When running the latest 7.8 installation package from the DisplayLink site, I get to the third stage in the process asking me to "Connect your DisplayLink device to configure it for first use." I do this, and the installation package doesn't seem to recognize that it's been plugged in. The device flashes, and Windows recognizes it, but the installation package does not and will not go past this point ("First device connection").

My OS is Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit.

I should note that I'd tried previously to install the USB device - first after installing the drivers included on the CD-ROM in the box with the device, and when that was unsuccessful, after uninstalling those drivers and rebooting. Both of these trials were unsuccessful, so I took to the Internet to download a more recent driver. I found version 7.8 on the DisplayLink page, and this is the result I've gotten. I've tried uninstalling the USB device via Device Manager, though when I reconnect it, it still shows up the same ("Portable devices") and the installation package seemingly recognizes no change. Please help!

Hubbleston
07-07-2015, 03:25 PM
Here's a screenshot of what I see. It never progresses past this point.