PDA

View Full Version : Can't get the installer to work

pixelwiz
07-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Hi, I'm trying to install DisplayLink on Windows 8.1 Dell M3800 laptop, and when I double click on the installer, it asks for my permissions, I say yes, then it briefly flashes on the screen and disappears. I tried it on my Windows 7 Desktop and it worked fine, but on my laptop it never gets to the System Check, etc. screen. I tried the uninstaller/cleaner, rebooted, tried to install again, same problem. I originally did try to install the software that came with ASUS MB168B+ USB monitor, that didn't seem to work, so then I discovered the displaylink. On amazon in the comments folks were saying they got it to work with just the displaylink software. I don't see it under Uninstall Programs in control panels. I'm attaching the result of your diagnostic tool

pixelwiz
07-07-2015, 01:51 PM
Found the solution here http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?p=77655#post77655 with the Toshiba link to the MSI driver, seems to have worked. Only issue is it won't let me set resolution to 1600x900, only 1920x1080 or 1280x1080