PDA

View Full Version : Targus displaylink docking station stopped working

debgary11
05-31-2015, 09:14 PM
My problem has been occurring for a couple of weeks and any help would be appreciated.

The issue recently started for no apparent reason.
I am now unable to use my Targus branded displaylink docking station at all. None of the attached devices function.
It's impossible to recover from the issue. I've even reformatted the laptop, reinstalled the OS and updates, and only one other piece of software.
I had not changed/updated my display link software prior to the issue occuring.
I'm using a USB 3.0 connection cable supplied with the displaylink device.

The DisplayLink software ver: 7.7 is installed correctly, and I have also uninstalled using the add remove programs, then used the displaylink cleaner to make sure, cold booted and reinstalled, but still having the same error.
The DisplayLink Service is confirmed as running, and both the manager and agent Processes for Displaylink are functioning.
The USB 3.0 device appears in 'device manager' as not functioning. The error is: (Set Address Failed)
The USB device doesn't appear to have booted correctly and has a kernel issue.
The latest graphics driver is installed, along with a bare bones Windows 8.1 Pro x64 fresh OS install & recent updates. This was to elimiate any other possible software related issues that might have been causing the problem.
I believe I have the latest USB 3.0 host controller driver installed, however when attempting to install either of the drivers offered at Intel, neither one will install for my 8 series motherboard. Dell XPS 12 9Q33

Log file attached FYI.

The above level of detail is supplied as per instructions from the forum, and I hope this will be adequate for a kind sole to assist me if possible? Much appreciated.

Deb

debgary11
06-01-2015, 07:19 AM
remove the power source from the docking station
remove the USB cable from your laptop
wait a few minutes......... no other action is required, just patience and a little waiting :-)
plug power back into the dock
plug docking unit into your laptop
it should detect within about 10-20 seconds

:eek:

Wim
06-01-2015, 08:34 AM
Please also check the item number of your dock as described here:

http://targusblog.com/2015/01/16/targus-acp70-item-60-and-item-51-defects/

Wim