PDA

View Full Version : Video Not Working with Displaylink

CorSon
05-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Dell Precision M3800 - Win 8.1
Dell USB 3 docking station

Working fine for audio and external USB drives (can see and access all external USB drives)

Latest DisplayLink drivers installed.
Latest USB 3.0 driver installed
Latest Video Card Drivers installed

Tried to reboot; plug-uplug; uninstall-reinstall drivers;power on/off the docking station with no result..

I'm attaching logs

Thanks in advance.

Wim
05-25-2015, 10:21 AM
Hi

The log files indicate that no DisplayLink devices were detected on the USB bus when the logs were taken. This indicates that it is a hardware problem with the dock and Windows cannot identify the DisplayLink device.

Wim

CorSon
05-26-2015, 02:53 PM
Hi Wim,

Thanks for your reply....unfortunately I don't think it can be an hardware issue: I did replace the hardware already (I have 2 of them on 2 separate NBs) plus I can see and browse an HD attached to the docking station.

And by they way, I don't know how the log works but, under windows/devices you can find a DisplayLink graphic device..see attached image

Should I try anything different? advanced logging? anything else?

Thanks!
CS

Wim
05-27-2015, 07:28 AM
OK - but the System Details shows no DisplayLink device ever detected:

--------- Nivo Info ---------

Attatched USB device(s) matching our VID:

Nivo's that have been attached:

Hardware IDs:

USB Hub Firmware used in USB3.0 DisplayLink's Dock(s):
No USB3.0 DisplayLink based dock(s) detected

So this does not align with the device icon appearing. Seeing an HD does not prove it all works. The DisplayLink chip is attached to a port on the USB hub, so an HD would just bypass this. It is possible that the dock is faulty and only enumerates on USB2.0 or USB 3.0, which is why it works on some systems and not others.

Wim

CorSon
06-13-2015, 12:04 PM
Hi Wim,

well...something magic happened..same hardware (docking station, usb3 cable, etc)..but since this morning it started to work again...as I was expecting it was a driver issue

CS