PDA

View Full Version : WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) Touchscreen Crash - Visual Studio

davedebris
05-13-2015, 12:08 AM
Hello!

We are currently using a DisplayLink Driven Touchscreen LCD (specifically MIMO UM-1070) and have been experiencing crashes whenever the touchscreen is touched.

Research I've done online leads us to to the fix proposed by MSDN here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd901337(v=vs.90).aspx

The above fix would require a software change for us which is currently not ideal.
Does anyone have any expertise on this or any ideas how to fix this problem without addition of the code? Maybe a driver update? Beta driver?
Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Here is an Event Viewer Windows Application Log of the crash:
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
Stack:
at System.Windows.Input.StylusPointPropertyInfo..ctor (System.Windows.Input.StylusPointProperty, Int32, Int32, System.Windows.Input.StylusPointPropertyUnit, Single)
at System.Windows.Input.PenContext.InitStylusPointDes cription()
at System.Windows.Input.PenContext.FirePenInRange(Int 32, Int32[], Int32)
at System.Windows.Input.PenThreadWorker.ThreadProc()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

p.s. I did a search on the forums and didn't find anything WPF :(

AxK
07-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Did you found solutions?
I have exactly the same problem.

WPF application crashes on DisplayLink managed screen.
In Windows Surface Simulator everything works perfect.

Solutions from here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.90).aspx
Disable native touch support. And all controls can't have native scroll.