PDA

View Full Version : Build 10074 and update drivers

ragsdalej
05-05-2015, 09:38 PM
I've been having an odd problem and was waiting for the latest build to see if that resolved it which it hasn't. I'm not sure if its just the driver vs build issue or if its a combo of my existing drivers. I'm running three monitors on a lenovo W530 with a Nvidia Quadro K1000M. The DisplayLink drivers install fine, the screen even becomes active but it is not recognized in the display settings. It also randomly acts like it has been disconnected and reconnected causing the screens to flicker etc. Any workarounds known or is it a waiting game till the next driver release.

PaulJ
05-06-2015, 08:18 AM
Hi ragsdalej,

It does sound like an issue we've seen before but not one I would expect to be present now. If you could generate logs with our support tool and attach them here we will have a look.

Thanks,
Paul

bagserker
05-11-2015, 07:13 PM
I was actually having a similar issue as described by ragsdalej. I ran the support tool and have attached it here. Please advise.

jasonwomack
05-11-2015, 10:22 PM
I was actually having a similar issue as described by ragsdalej. I ran the support tool and have attached it here. Please advise.

Having problems since 10074 as well. In my case the DisplayLinkManager service keeps crashing repeatedly. I've attached a support file.

jasonwomack
05-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Having problems since 10074 as well. In my case the DisplayLinkManager service keeps crashing repeatedly. I've attached a support file.

Just tried the Beta 2 update and have the same issue (DisplayLinkManager service crashes repeatedly.) I've uploaded the diagnostic information.

EDIT: I should mention that the net effect of this is my external displays flash and then lose signal, then flash again, then lose signal.

PaulJ
05-13-2015, 11:55 AM
Hi jasonwomack,

Your issue can be resolved by deleting the following two registry keys:

• HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDriv ers\Configuration
• HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDriv ers\Connectivity

If you could try that and let us know what happens that would be great.

Thanks,
Paul

bagserker
05-13-2015, 12:17 PM
PaulJ, did you have anything I should try? I tried what you recommended to jasonwomack, but I wasn't sure what to do after deleting those reg keys. Didn't seem to make a difference.

bagserker
05-13-2015, 12:29 PM
And here's my latest support file...

jasonwomack
05-13-2015, 03:40 PM
Hi jasonwomack,

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks, that did the trick. Is this something that we should try if, after future builds of Windows 10 are released, we encounter similar problems?

PaulJ
05-14-2015, 08:16 AM
Hi jasonwomack,

We believed that this was only an issue if you had upgraded from one of our earlier Windows 10 preview builds so you should never have to do this more than once. If you see similar issues and deleting these keys fixes the issue we would like to know as it's possible there is a different issue here. Out of interest can you tell us which versions of DisplayLink software you have been using on this system and after which upgrade this issue occured?

Thanks,
Paul

PaulJ
05-14-2015, 08:21 AM
PaulJ, did you have anything I should try? I tried what you recommended to jasonwomack, but I wasn't sure what to do after deleting those reg keys. Didn't seem to make a difference.

We are still looking at this - unfortunately we don't have an easy answer yet.

PaulJ
05-14-2015, 08:48 AM
Hi bagserker,

Actually I've taken another look at this and we could do with a better description of the issue you are seeing. From your support files it looks like you have one DisplayLink display and two others that are all showing pixels. Do you then have a forth display that is not showing anything? Is that the issue you are reporting? If so are you able to choose to extend the desktop to this display?

Thanks,
Paul

bagserker
05-14-2015, 11:28 AM
It's odd, I have 2 monitors and the Mimo setup, but in display settings, 4 monitors show there. I'm not sure why display settings shows the extra monitor, but the two smaller ones that show up both say Extend desktop to this display, but the Mimo is just a black screen.

Let me know if you need any additional info. Thanks!

PaulJ
05-14-2015, 04:15 PM
OK, not sure about the phantom display so let's concentrate on the black MiMo first. Could you please capture some new logs but this time in the advanced options first reset the DisplayLink Debug Information and turn on Advanced Installer logging? Ideally do this with the device disconnected then reconnect and capture the logs once the display appears in Display Settings.

bagserker
05-15-2015, 03:01 PM
Thanks, Paul. Let me know if this helps...

bagserker
05-15-2015, 03:57 PM
Thanks, Paul. Let me know if this helps...

Didn't seem to attach...let's try again!

PaulJ
05-18-2015, 12:10 PM
OK, it looks like you have something odd in your device list which may explain both the black MiMo and the phantom display in Display Settings. Can you look in Device Manager and look under 'Display adapters'. What you're looking for is a device either called Microsoft Basic Renderer or has that in it's driver details. It may not be called exactly that but it should be Microsoft Basic 'something'. If you find it try either disabling or removing it. It may also be helpful to add to this thread all the devices listed under 'Display adapters'.

bagserker
05-18-2015, 12:23 PM
Thanks, Paul. I had to display adapters showing (screenshot attached), but neither said anything like you mentioned that I could see. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

PaulJ
05-18-2015, 12:25 PM
What are the driver details for the Intel HD graphics device? It looks like it's disabled - is that correct?

bagserker
05-18-2015, 05:16 PM
Here are the driver details. I did try disabling and uninstalling, but it reinstalled it back after restart.

TheSilverLining
05-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Hi jasonwomack,

Thanks,
Paul

Hey PaulJ I have tried the solution you mentioned to jasonwomack but it seems I can not get my display working. I am on Windows 10 build 10074. Here is the log from the DisplayLink support tool.

PaulJ
05-19-2015, 10:37 AM
Hi TheSilverLining,

Please see this thread which covers your issue:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63809

Thanks,
Paul

PaulJ
05-19-2015, 10:51 AM
Hi bagserker,

Thanks for trying. Looking at other Windows 10 systems the Basic Renderer may have been a red herring - it seems to be listed on the system even if not currently being used. It appears as though both the Intel and AMD GPUs are now being used by the system - has any behaviour changed? Could you gather a new set of clean logs in either case?

Thanks,
Paul

bagserker
05-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Still the same, I'm afraid. Attached is the latest support log.

TheSilverLining
05-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Hi TheSilverLining,

Please see this thread which covers your issue:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63809

Thanks,
Paul

Thank you so much for the quick response PaulJ. This is by far the best support forum I have ever run in to.

bagserker
05-22-2015, 11:50 AM
Any news? Let me know if there's anything else you'd like me to try. I appreciate your help.

bagserker
05-28-2015, 07:08 PM
Hi bagserker,

Thanks for trying. Looking at other Windows 10 systems the Basic Renderer may have been a red herring - it seems to be listed on the system even if not currently being used. It appears as though both the Intel and AMD GPUs are now being used by the system - has any behaviour changed? Could you gather a new set of clean logs in either case?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul, anything else I can try?

PaulJ
06-02-2015, 01:15 PM
Have you tried our new software release? You can find it here: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/sla.php?fileid=154

bagserker
06-03-2015, 12:38 PM
Paul thanks for the help any further advice you could give me would be great

Yes I just upgraded to 10130 no change so I installed 7.9 beta1 and no results either I still am showing 4 displays under my system settings attached screenshot. Mimo is still just black.

what would I need to give you to help further debug this?