PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get this going - USB TO HDMI - UGA Display Adapter

ddzc
05-03-2015, 08:54 PM
Hey all,

I have the USB TO HDMI - UGA Display Adapter, PID 8079 (Monoprice).

Never played around with this before, but I want to output my hdmi tv box to my laptop monitor (Lenovo T430) with this adapter. I have all the proper drivers installed but it's not doing anything, I can't seem to get it working.

Does anyone know what settings I should apply or any guides on how to set it up for the application I'm attempting to use?

Thanks!

Kubam
05-04-2015, 10:54 AM
Hello ddzc,
thank youi for contacting us.

Not sure if I understand you correctly - can you describe in details what you would like to achieve with USB to HDMI adapter?

DisplayLink devices are used to connected external monitors to laptops/desktop/tablets and display PC desktop or applications on those screens. Is it what you would like to do?

BR,
Kuba

ddzc
05-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Hi there, appreciate the response.

I have a TV box (HDMI) with a Linux OS. It's used to play video and audio media on an HDTV. I want to hook this box up to my laptop so the box outputs to my laptop screen (as opposed to my tv for example). I have to do a few tutorials on how the box works for my company and figured it would be easiest to output the video and audio to my laptop and I can screen record from there forward.

I was told that I can achieve this with this product from Monoprice.

Hope that clears things up.

Thanks!

ddzc
05-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Any support on here?

ddzc
05-25-2015, 12:26 AM
what a garbage company, time to write up a nice review.

Wim
05-25-2015, 10:18 AM
Hi

I think you have been mis-sold this device. The adapter will take USB from a host PC and output to a monitor. You can't take the video output from your TV box and capture it on your laptop.

Wim