PDA

View Full Version : Dock display output lockup/reset

pf01
04-24-2015, 08:07 AM
Hello,
Every so often the display output from my Toshiba Dynadock V10 (http://www.toshiba.co.uk/discontinued-products/pa3778e-1prp/) seems to 'lock up'/freeze, and then eventually automatically reset. It only seems to happen when I'm in the middle of something!!

I have a Toshiba Tecra R940 (http://www.toshiba.co.uk/discontinued-products/tecra-r940-1ff/) which only has USB3 ports. I have tried it in a different port over the last few months but it still happens.

I have attached the output from the support tool that I ran almost immediately after it happened last week. I've had a quick look myself but can't see anything useful. It's happened once this week as well. I have the latest driver installed.

Is there anything in the log that shows what's going on? If so, is there an easy fix?

Thank you

JamesH
05-03-2015, 02:00 PM
Hi,

The logs are telling me about two Toshiba docks (the V10 and either a U3.0 or V3.0).

There is a USB connection error when the V10 is connected.

This could be caused by the USB cable, the V10 dock or the chipset in the R940. If possible please try swapping out the above items to help pin point the issue.

Thanks,
James

pf01
05-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Hi James,

Yes, I have both models but use them both at separate locations so swapping is not entirely practical. Is there anything in the log that shows the cause of the connection error? I've not noticed any problems when connecting through the U3.0. Is the connection cable for the V10 a standard USB type B cable?

Thank you

pf01
05-12-2015, 08:25 AM
Hello,

With the V10, I've tried a different cable, and used a different port (on the other side of the laptop). It's been OK until today but now just did the same lock up and 'restart'.

Interestingly, it then froze for a couple of seconds but recovered. I don't think it was the laptop itself as I could move the mouse pointer to the laptop screen whilst it was still on the display connected to the dock.

I have captured the logs again, is this the same problem as before?

Do you think this suggests a fault with the dock?

Thanks

pf01
06-29-2015, 11:49 AM
For other reasons I reinstalled Windows etc, and this seems to have fixed the issue.