PDA

View Full Version : Blank Screen When Out Of Sleep Mode

Brandonhyl
04-17-2015, 07:23 PM
I appears others are having the same issue with the screen going blank and only being able to see my mouse cursor. Even when I unplug the docking station, the screen on my laptop stays black with a mouse cursor.

I have a Anker universal docking station and I've by chance gotten it to work when I shut off the laptop 3-4 times and unplug and plug the universal dock back in but it is inconsistent.

I am running windows 8 with latest upgrades. Any help would be appreciated. Log files attached.2257

Brandonhyl
04-18-2015, 09:04 PM
I have done quite a bit of troubleshooting on this issue. Not only do I experience a blank screen out of sleep, I also experience a blank screen (with mouse cursor) when I unplug and plug in the Anker universal docking station. When I restart or shutdown my laptop, it goes blank with only the mouse cursor being visible:confused:.

My work around has been to uninstall the display link driver, reinstall it and then plug the universal dock in. It works each time I do this but it is a real pain as it requires two restarts.

Would it make sense for me to go to an older driver? I failed to mention I have a GTX960m graphics card.

Thank you,

Brandon

Brandonhyl
04-18-2015, 09:36 PM
I found that after I reinstalled the displaylink driver and got it to work as stated in the last post I had to shut down the laptop before before I unplug it from the laptop. I cannot just unplug the universal dock while the laptop is on and plug it back in and expect it to work like I had done in the past. I am not sure if this is the way it was designed, but it is an OK work around so far. I haven't tried it enough to see if it is a clear "fix". However, it is still going blank out of sleep mode with mouse cursor only showing.

Brandon

Brandonhyl
05-04-2015, 03:28 PM
Still having issues with this. It is inconsistent in that I will shut down the PC and start it back up and all I see is the mouse cursor with black screens. I've resulted to unplugging everything and replugging it back in to get it to work. Obviously that is a bit of a pain. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

-Brandon