PDA

View Full Version : Surface Pro 2 - W10 Build 10041 - 2x Display Link adapaters

Lucebryan
04-13-2015, 01:39 PM
Support,

I have been using DisplayLink products for years. Currently testing W10, had to reload and installed W10 Build 10041.

I have two Sabrent adapters:

USB-HRHD - Works correctly
USB-2011 - Display will not show 1920 resolution, where previously it did.

System:
- Surface Pro 2 with dock
- Two Sabrent Displaylink HDMI Adapters (USB-HRHD, USB-2011)
- 3 ASUS monitors

This setup has worked well for several months on Windows 8.1 and the previous W10 build.

Troubleshooting
- Drivers installed through windows update did not display properly
- Downloaded and installed DisplayLink Windows 10 Alpha 8 V7.8
--- This driver worked for the Sabrent USB-HRHD but not for the USB-2011
- Downloaded Cleaner tool, disconnected adapters, ran cleaner, rebooted, installed alpha v7.8 drivers, rebooted, plugged in adapters = same result as above

Any support would be great! I feel crippled without the use of all my monitors.

Let me know what more info you need and I'd be happy to help.

Lucebryan
04-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Attached is support package after running cleaner...

Lucebryan
04-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Support package after W10 Windows Updates installed v7.8.61754 drivers after uninstalling everything, reboot, cleaner, boot in windows and plug in two adapters.

This matches current version of Alpha drivers out on DisplayLink's site.

PaulJ
04-14-2015, 11:51 AM
Hi Lucebryan,

In order to help us diagnose this issue could you please give us a bit more detail about the issue you are seeing?

From looking at the logs you posted it appears that all 4 displays are showing pixels but you are saying that you are not able to set a resolution on one that you were able to previously - is that correct? Can you confirm that it is display number 3 as shown in WDP.jpg? Can you tell us which mode it is actually using and if you are able to change this to any other mode?

Also, could you please generate some new logs but follow the instructions below:

1) Disconnect all DisplayLink devices
2) Turn on Advanced DisplayLink Logging under Advanced Options
3) Press the Reset button on the support tool
4) Reconnect the DisplayLink devices
5) Once all screens are displaying an image please collect the logs as before and attach to the thread.

Thanks,
Paul