PDA

View Full Version : Sticking Mouse

highl@nder
04-07-2015, 12:05 PM
With the new displaylink install on windows 10 my mouse will hang. This is bad enough that it isn't useable.

If I drag the mouse across the screen to click in a specific point, I miss the spot to click on when the mouse hangs, then skips over where I'm intending to click.

Trying to determine the point that this goes bad. When I first install an update to 10, it's all good. But then when the displaylink software is updated it goes bad. I tried uninstalling both display link core and graphics but as soon as I reboot the software starts installing again. I downloaded the windows 10 alpha - 7.8 - version but this appears to be the same software that is installing automatically.

Hope this is enough information.

Lucebryan
04-13-2015, 12:29 PM
Same here but it appears to be CPU related. Displaylink driver consuming and above normal CPU usage and causing the display to lag.

Happened when I reloaded W10 and am running Build 10041 on Surface Pro 2.

Tarq
08-07-2015, 02:53 AM
It might be interference related to USB 3.0. I had to move my mouse dongle to a USB extension lead to make my mouse work ok when using USB3.0. Plug your laptop into USB2 port and retest - if it works ok when the laptop is in USB2 then its USB3.0 causing interference.

negreenfield
08-07-2015, 02:44 PM
It might be interference related to USB 3.0. I had to move my mouse dongle to a USB extension lead to make my mouse work ok when using USB3.0. Plug your laptop into USB2 port and retest - if it works ok when the laptop is in USB2 then its USB3.0 causing interference.

Can't believe I never thought of this. Since moving keyboard/mouse to USB 2.0 port directly on laptop and leaving network/video on dock, things are working perfectly. Thanks!