PDA

View Full Version : Build 10049 Bluescreens w/ latest Alpha

drbob
03-31-2015, 10:15 PM
I've run the complete manual removal of the DisplayLink software (also tried uninstalling) separately. I've also removed to two registry keys under HKLM...GraphicDriver.... and then re-installed the Alpha drivers. Both my Surface Pro (original), and my Dell Venue 8 Pro reboot when it attempts to config the display, and subsequent reboots with the docking station (Targus ACP70CA) connected force reboot before I can log on. Disconnecting the dock during boot, then connecting it after logging on still bluescreens the systems

lpperras
04-01-2015, 01:30 AM
I have the exact same issue. Had problems with 10041 with the drivers pushed by Windows Update, wouldn't show desktop on any external screen and like others mentioned, would restart every 5 minutes or so to fail again. Updated to 10049 yesterday, same issue. Tried the new drivers from the site after a cleanup, same results.

Tried deleting registry keys as suggested in other post, now I get bluescreen every time. Tried reverting back to those being pushed by Windows Update, same thing. I can't seem to be able to use the dock since you updated the drivers. I would be nice to be able to download previous versions and test them out since they were working just fine with 10041 before updating with Windows Update.

connor3485
04-02-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm running 10049 as well, and windows update wanted to install the latest DisplayLink drivers. It blue screened, then rebooted, and now fails whenever it tries to install afterwards. I saw in the driver download page that the update was only for 10041, but it's strange that it popped up in Windows Update for 10049.

Thunderthud
04-02-2015, 02:00 PM
Windows Update gives error...
I have latest alpha driver installed, 7.8.6.1754.0
Windows update want to update and I get error...

DisplayLink Corp. driver update for DisplayLink Display Adapter (02FF) - Error 0x800f0203

Also, had been blue screening and restarting computer. Not sure if it's doing that since installing alpha driver. Just continuing to come up with windows update error above.

rmcclark
04-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Having the same problems as the above posters.
Worked OK with build 10049 until this last alpha.
Now Win10 gives error "KMODE exception not handled (dxgkrnlsys)"
Deleted the HTML keys, ran the cleaner, disconnected the dock.
Did a reboot and only got a partial screen.
Rebooted and got a full display.
Avoiding displaylink until the next alpha or beta

Toshiba Satellite, AMD cpu
32 bit Win 10 Pro

kwicktech
04-02-2015, 10:31 PM
When you all say "bluescreen" do you mean like the BSOD...aka a crash? I am running 10049 and my system does not crash. But I am seeing issues.

The primary is that when I am connected to my Displaylink Hub (in my case the Toshiba Dynadock) I can get slow responsiveness on my two external monitors. I also notice that I get more frequent "websites not responding". And my fan runs more frequently and my CPU usage is higher.

I have confirmed that if I boot without my USB hub, those symptoms are either gone, or much reduced.

I am running on a Surface Pro 3, and have driver 7.8.61754.0

drbob
04-02-2015, 10:50 PM
BSOD reboot if I connect my dock at all after the drivers have installed - both my Surface Pro 1, and my Dell Venue 8 Pro

islehopper
04-03-2015, 04:15 AM
Same as above

SurfacePro 1: Just finished reinstalling whole system after recovering personal data.

SurfacePro 1, W10 b10049 on Anker dual-video giga-ethernet usb 3.0 dock.
Prior to update, everything worked fine.
Problem: displaylink driver dated 3/25, pushed out 3/31 or 4/01.
Following the update, system crashed. Upon restart, goes into memory dump then crashes again.

On my system, I attempted repair. Attempted fix by removing the 2 possible offending registry entries. This failed and left me with a blank light blue login screen (no login prompt, only network & ease of access icons visible and working. Unable to access the device via network I used the volume down while pressing power button to pull up my USB drive with install tools. From there went through all possible repair scenarios, all unsuccessful. Finally used xcopy to copy all personal data to 32gb sd card. Then reinstalled whole system.

Driver version was 7.8.61754.0. Date shown said 3.25. Version before this was 100% fine on 10049.
Now back on 10041 and driver version 7.8.61754 and no problems.

Cheers

PaulJ
04-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Hi all,

Unfortunately this BSOD is a Microsoft issue introduced in build 10049. It is not exclusive to using DisplayLink devices but that shows it a lot more often. Microsoft are working on this at high priority but unfortunately we have no ETA for a fix. We believe this is only affecting WDDM1.3 and earlier drivers so please ensure you've got the latest graphics drivers from Windows Update just in case there is a WDDM2.0 driver available that will resolve this issue for you.

Thanks,
Paul

ctoth
04-15-2015, 05:48 AM
I have an nVidia 880M GTX SLI config with an AOC E2251fwu USB monitor. I have the 10049 Windows 10 Preview and the 349 Geforce drivers. If I connect the USB monitor before power up, the laptop gets into an endless loop, reportedly because of a BSOD. I let it loop 4-5 times until certainly Microsoft even received some error report. If the monitor is not connected there's no crash (fortunately).
If I connect the monitor after bootup then BSOD happens or the OS simply becomes non responsive.
Let me know if you want any more detailed error report.

Very important addition: the displaylink driver's version is 7.8.62016.0

drbob
04-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Still getting BSOD's with Alpha 10 and Windows build 10049 - after removing Display Link, and running the Display Link cleaner. I've tried both Installing the Alpha prior to attaching my Targus docking station, as well as having Windows Update provide the drivers. This happens on both my Dell Venue 8 Pro, and my Surface Pro (1)

Billy Mild
04-22-2015, 06:52 PM
I downloaded the latest Alpha Drivers after I had the Windows 8.1 drivers installed. I get the BSOD as well.

I have a Lenovo Yoga 13 first gen.