PDA

View Full Version : Driver 7.8 for Windows 10 Build 10041 Does Not Support My Graphics Card

Smalltoid
03-25-2015, 06:43 PM
The driver update for Windows 10 Build 10041 (version 7.8.61611.0) apparently does not support my graphics card. Does anyone have a download link for the previous driver version?

JamesH
03-26-2015, 02:35 PM
Hi,

Can you attach the output of this tool?
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James

Smalltoid
03-27-2015, 03:37 PM
Zip File Attached

Smalltoid
03-27-2015, 06:33 PM
I downloaded the new Alpha 8 driver that was just released, and I am getting the same error: "The installed version of DisplayLink USB Graphics software does not support this graphics card, which uses a newer version of..."

DJE115
03-28-2015, 04:42 PM
I have the same issue, this error comes up even if the Displaylink USB is unplugged - the PC has an AMD Radeon internal card

DJE115
03-28-2015, 04:50 PM
Support file attached

alastaid
03-29-2015, 02:34 PM
I have the same error as well, tool output attached

PaulJ
03-30-2015, 08:37 AM
Hi all,

Unfortunately this issue is caused by the latest AMD drivers released a week or so ago. We are working on resolving this incompatibility ASAP which should form the basis of our next release. Note this is not related to our latest release although it happened at about the same time - the same message would be displayed with older DisplayLink software running on the same system as this AMD driver.

Thanks,
Paul

Smalltoid
04-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Just an update: this problem persists with Build 10049.

Smalltoid
04-14-2015, 01:42 PM
The update from 04/13 seems to have resolved the issue.

PaulJ
04-14-2015, 03:19 PM
There is a new build on our website and it seems as though it's already being seen by some users on Windows Update. This release should fix the issue seen with the latest AMD drivers.

Smalltoid
04-14-2015, 06:21 PM
I thought my problems were resolved. I've found that with the new update, whenever my machine has been in sleep mode and wakes up, there is a solid blue field over the main monitor. It's not a BSOD; it's just a solid field that appears to be covering the desktop. I can move the cursor across it but cannot click anything. When I hover over an icon on the taskbar, everything shows up normally until I move the mouse from the icon. Also, if I CTRL+ALT-DEL, the menu shows up and I'm able to select an option. What's weird is that, when I change the main monitor to a different monitor with a higher resolution, the field will cover about 85% of the monitor with bottom 1.5 inches or so still exposed (including the taskbar). I can click the icons that are within that uncovered portion of the monitor, but when the programs open, I can still only see the bottom (unless I hover over the taskbar icon, then the blue field goes away).

Smalltoid
04-14-2015, 06:27 PM
It seems the blue field appears only after the computer has been asleep, and appears only on whichever monitor is selected as the main monitor. Once it's there, I can't figure out how to get it to go away without restarting.

PaulJ
04-14-2015, 07:52 PM
That's really odd. It sounds like there's a window that is staying on top of everything else hence you can open programs but only use the exposed region.

Could you check if the issue happens without DisplayLink software installed? If it doesn't happen could you then try disconnecting the DisplayLink device when in this error state and see if the window goes away?

Smalltoid
04-14-2015, 09:10 PM
The problem occurs only with the DisplayLink software installed. Also, when the software is installed, every time I disconnect the DisplayLink adapter, I get a BSOD.

PaulJ
04-14-2015, 09:17 PM
The BSOD is probably the known issue that Microsoft have fixed internally but no public release contains the fix yet unfortunately. Can you instead boot without the DisplayLink device attached and then go into sleep mode and see if it happens when you wake the machine up again?

Smalltoid
04-14-2015, 09:24 PM
I don't seem to have the problem with the device disconnected. I also noticed that when my highest resolution monitor is set as the primary monitor when the blue field appears, if I change the main monitor to one of the others, the blue field will extend beyond that monitor onto the adjacent monitor. So, the size of the blue field is apparently determined by the resolution of the main monitor at the time the computer goes to sleep.

PaulJ
04-15-2015, 08:19 AM
OK, I'm not sure there's anything more I can suggest you try to help us diagnose this so the next step is to generate logs using our support tool so we can see if they show anything or else help us reproduce it here.

Smalltoid
04-16-2015, 07:50 PM
Here is the support file. By the way, whenever I check the box for advanced logging, I get a BSOD.

PaulJ
04-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the logs. Can you try something else please? When the system is in this state try pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and load Task Manager. If you can't see a task manager window try pressing ALT-Space then M. Then use the arrow keys to move the window left or right and try and get it onto a screen not covered by this phantom window. You should then see a list of processes and applications running on the system. What we're looking for is something using lots of CPU cycles and/or memory. If you see something could you take a screenshot or photo and attach it to the thread?

The BSOD you mentioned I'm sure is the same one you see when connecting/disconnecting that is a Microsoft issue which is currently only fixed internally.

Smalltoid
04-20-2015, 01:27 PM
Nothing unusual except the blue field. The screenshot captures the left edge of the right monitor and the right edge of the middle monitor, which is currently set as my main monitor and thus covered by the blue field.

PaulJ
04-20-2015, 01:32 PM
OK, thanks for checking. We may have reproduced this issue ourselves now so we will investigate.

Smalltoid
04-20-2015, 07:34 PM
I still have no definitive method for making the blue field go away. When the computer wakes, the Windows login screen is replaced by the blue field. If I CTRL+ALT+DEL, the blue field will go away after about 5 seconds and allow me to login. However, the blue field reappears immediately upon logging in. A few times, before logging in, I would select "Switch User," changes users, and then switch back to my administrator account. Most of the time this has no effect on the blue field, but a few times, the blue field disappeared a few seconds after logging in. However, each time the field went away, all of my icons and previously opened windows were moved to the main monitor. So, even when the blue field goes away, I still have to get everything reorganized.

Smalltoid
04-23-2015, 06:17 PM
I recently installed the new Windows 10 build 10061, and now I don't know if the blue field still exists or not, because I am now unable to wake the computer once it is asleep. I don't know if this is a Windows issue or a DisplayLink issue, but whenever my computer goes to sleep, there is no way to wake it. Moving the mouse does nothing, nothing on the keyboard does anything, and the power button on the pc does nothing. I am forced to do a hard restart whenever the computer goes to sleep.

rmcclark
04-23-2015, 06:35 PM
Build 10061 sleeps and wakes OK on my Toshiba laptop.
Have you installed the latest DisplayLink alpha V10 posted today?

AndySaul
04-24-2015, 09:36 AM
I have been unable to reproduce the blue window issue after resuming from sleep.

I have tried a variety of platforms using Windows builds 10041, 10049 and 10061, and I have tried different DisplayLink software scenarios using Alpha 7, 9 and 10 updates from WU.

It sounds like you have a new issue with sleep mode on your PC. Does this still happen if you disconnect your dock & uninstall DisplayLink software?

Smalltoid
04-24-2015, 01:05 PM
I guess after a few Windows updates, I am now able to wake the computer from sleep. However, the blue field is still present. I've found that with build 10061, if I lock and then unlock the computer, the blue field will go away the majority of the time.

AndySaul
04-27-2015, 02:33 PM
I guess after a few Windows updates, I am now able to wake the computer from sleep. However, the blue field is still present. I've found that with build 10061, if I lock and then unlock the computer, the blue field will go away the majority of the time.

Glad to hear that your PC can now wake up as normal, but I still cannot reproduce the blue field problem at this end.

If you disconnect your dock & uninstall DisplayLink software, do you see the blue field on the main screen after waking up from sleep?