PDA

View Full Version : Displaylink wont work after startup until I power cycle the device

thern001
03-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Hello I am using a satechi 3.0 usb docking station with the displaylink software. My problem occurs every time I turn on my windows 8.1 pc. At the time of startup all of the connected peripherals except the monitor work correctly. Mouse and keyboard and printer work. At this time the displaylink icon in the notification bar is non existent. To fix the issue I have to disconnect the external power to the docking station and reconnect it. After that the monitor flashes and the display link icon appears on the notification bar. I have attached the logs. I have two external displays. One is connected through a mini display port to the pc which works fine and the other to the displaylink dock.

Wim
04-02-2015, 03:51 PM
This looks like a hardware problem and the DisplayLink chip is not being seen on the USB bus. This is the case when the logs were taken, as no DisplayLink device was seen on the USB bus. This cannot be fixed by software

Wim