PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Build 10041 - errors - interfering with Nvidia driver

Xorolc
03-20-2015, 01:58 AM
I have been watching this thread for several weeks and the previous driver advice seemed to work for me (in terms of uninstalling the incorrect installation of 7.7 and replacing it with 7.8). However, on the latest 10041 build, I am seeing a whole new issue (in addition to 7.7 installing by default).

Having the Displaylink device plugged in seems to be causing a conflict and disables my Nvidia 560M driver. Physically unplugging the device or disabling the Displaylink driver in Device Manager fixes the issue with the Nvidia driver (my two monitors start working and I can access the Nvidia control panel). Yet plugging the device back in or enabling the Displaylink driver causes a conflict with the Nvidia driver, every time. Strangest interference I have seen on a driver since IRQ assignments were a thing. Frustrated in this latest build, something is very much not right....

PaulJ
03-20-2015, 08:28 AM
Hi Xorolc,

We would like to know more about the issues you are seeing.

Can you please run the Display Link Support Tool (available here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109) using the Advanced Logging option…
* Click Advanced Options
* Turn on Advanced DisplayLink Logging
* Click Advanced Options
* Click Gather Support Information

Once you have a .zip file could you please reply in this thread and add the file as an attachment.

Thanks,
Paul

Xorolc
03-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Paul-

Of course the first thing I did after submitting this was to try one more time and by the curse of technical support everywhere, things started working.

I ran the cleaner utility this morning with the Displaylink device unplugged. I restarted the PC and plugged the device back in. This time I was prompted for a driver and utility installation with v7.8. Everything started working once 7.8 installed. For the moment everything seems to be working. I would be happy to provide the config dump of my setup, but I would prefer to disseminate that information to you via a channel other than a public forum.

Thanks!