PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia/Displaylink Driver Conflict

MarkDG
02-28-2015, 12:07 AM
In the past, I've had issues with Displaylink and Nvidia driver compatability, and they've come back. Before, once a new version of Displaylink drivers were released, the problems were solved. However, updating to the newest drivers on this site no longer resolves my issues. A specific example of a problem occurs if I run Battlefield 4 with DL drivers installed, it crashes after several minutes.

It appears that I can prevent this by turning my Lilliput monitor off, restarting my computer, starting BF4, and then turning by Lilliput back on. Not 100% sure, but it seems to work for me that way.

In the past, using older Nvidia drivers would provide a temporary fix, but even that doesn't seem to help now. Any ideas on how to fix/when it will be fixed?

JamesH
03-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Hi,

Can you try running this tool?
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=368

This tool will disable the Displaylink drivers.

Thanks,
James

MarkDG
03-03-2015, 03:38 AM
Everything appears to work fine if I run that and restart my computer.

Unfortunately, in the past, I've used my Lilliput mini monitor for Teamspeak, so it's frustrating not having that ability anymore. For what it's worth, I've been running Battlefield 4 in Windowed Borderless mode, which shouldn't cause issues with Displaylink or my mini monitor as far as I know.