PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (Y2P), CableMatters USB3-HDMI, Win8.1

kaare
02-18-2015, 06:22 PM
Hi, Been trying to get my CableMatters Superspeed USB3 to HDMI adapter working. It basically works, but video playback is jerky. Tried 1080p, 720p, and 480p. (The low res might be slightly smoother, but still obviously stutters.) Tried netflix/IE, VLC, and PowerPoint. Audio working OK.

Everything plays fine to laptop's own screen.

Everything plays fine when using the Yoga's micro-hdmi output instead of the cablematters usb3-hdmi adapter.

I tried all the suggestions in the "performance issues" page. (Manual uninstall/reinstall, the power stuff, etc.)

I also looked at all the checks in the sicky "HOWTO" in this forum. The one place where I had some variance is in device manager. First, I have two entries there, one called "DisplayLink Display Adapter (4301)" and a 2nd called "USB3 to HDMI". In both cases the vid/pid is 17E9 and 4301. (Pid s.b. 8603) Both entries are using the display link driver 7.7.59503.0.

The Yoga 2 Pro is a High DPI device - native resolution is 3200x1800. This has caused various problems in the year or so I've owned it.

My HDMI signal goes to a Denon Receiver. This is how all my HDMI sources get to the monitor, but it is a tad unusual so I thought I'd mention it.

Will try anything...

kaare
02-20-2015, 04:11 PM
I've made some progress, but don't yet have a solution.

My usual setup is Laptop(DL)->HDMI:A->Denon->HDMI:B->Screen.

I tried plugging the laptop directly into my monitor using the HDMI:B cable. To my surprise, it worked perfectly, no jitter, both audio and video.

So I replaced HDMI:A cable between the laptop and the Denon with my spare, which I'll call HDMI:C. Again to my surprise, video worked perfectly, but audio over hdmi failed. The Sound playback dialog says that the "DisplayLink Audio Adapter" is "Not plugged in".

For those who are following all this:
Lap->HDMI:B->Screen:: PERFECT
Lap->HDMI:A->Denon->HDMI:B->Screen:: Video Jitters; Audio OK
Lap->HDMI:C->Denon->HDMI:B->Screen:: Video Perfect; No Audio

So I'm going to buy a premium HDMI cable, hoping that will fix it.