PDA

View Full Version : Setup Problems: Dell M3800, Dell Dock D3100, 2 external monitors (Dell U2414H)

rongeneric
02-09-2015, 05:27 PM
Hello,
I'm having trouble connecting the 2nd external monitor. I don't know if I'm using the correct connector setup (that may apply to the 1st external monitor connection as well). Is there a visual diagram of some sort that I can use for such a setup?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Ron

JamesH
03-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Hi,

I would advise using HDMI cables to connect the HDMI port on each of your Dell U2414H monitors to the HDMI ports on the Dell 3100.

Thanks,
James

Spider
03-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Hi,

I would advise using HDMI cables to connect the HDMI port on each of your Dell U2414H monitors to the HDMI ports on the Dell 3100.

Thanks,
James

Isn't display port better than HDMI (less frequency)?

JamesH
05-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Hi,

It really depends on what the cable is connected to.

In the above post I recommended using both HDMI ports at this leaves the DP port free should the user wish to upgrade to a 4K UHD monitor.

Thanks,
James

jgnzalez
09-17-2015, 07:31 PM
I'm attempting, and failing miserably, at connecting my Dell 3100 Display Link to my Dell Vostro. All sales at Dell and diagnostics state my laptop is compatible. I 100% feel I have it wired up correctly.

I have two HDMI cables running to two monitors and I have one display port with an HDMI adapter running to the primary monitor. I have the USB plugged in and power plugged in. I've also installed the drivers.

Any thoughts on why nothing would be detected when I go to extend my monitors?

Any help and/or advise is appreciated.

Joe

Hi,

It really depends on what the cable is connected to.

In the above post I recommended using both HDMI ports at this leaves the DP port free should the user wish to upgrade to a 4K UHD monitor.

Thanks,
James