PDA

View Full Version : Display will not stay connected on Win8.1

mhooning
02-05-2015, 05:14 PM
I have tried all of the steps suggested to correct a display that connects but does not stay connected. I've gotten the DisplayLink connected display to work for an hour or two, but it stops working after a variable amount of time. Today I disconnected the hub (Anker USB 3.0 Dual Display Docking Station), uninstalled and reinstalled the DisplayLink driver, then reconnected the hub and monitor. The display did not come up at all. I've attached the data collected by the Support Tool. Please let me know what I can do to get this to work reliably.

Thanks,
Michael Hooning

Wim
02-10-2015, 09:01 AM
The logs show that the host software can no longer communicate successfully with our chip on the USB bus. This is usually a sign of USB errors.

When it stops working, what exactly stops working? Everything connected to the dock? Only USB 3.0 devices or USB 2.0 devices? Just the DisplayLink chip (video, audio and Ethernet)?

Something is corrupting the USB connection. Could you try with a different USB cable or even a USB 2.0 cable and see if this makes it stable?

Wim

mhooning
02-12-2015, 05:04 PM
I had uninstalled the software after previous attempts. Now that I have reinstalled it, I can't get the display to light up over any USB cable. I've attached the logs from recent attempts to uninstall/reinstall the software. The current behavior when I try to reinstall the software is that it goes through the install, apparently gets an error, and then rewinds the installation. Please let me know if you have an idea of how to make this work.

In answer to your question, only the display stops working (or in this case, refuses to work.) The network and USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices work without problem.

Thanks,
Michael

JamesH
02-23-2015, 01:02 PM
Hi,

From looking at your second set of logs I can see that the monitor hasn't been detected.

Can you:
1. Uninstall the DisplayLink software
2. Download and run this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=297
3. Install the latest DisplayLink software: http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php
4. Connect your monitor to your dock
5. Connect the dock to your PC

Thanks,
James

mhooning
02-27-2015, 05:20 PM
I went through all the steps suggested earlier this week, with no change. This morning when I woke the system, the DisplayLink display came up. It stayed on for a few minutes, and then stopped working. I collected the support info, which is attached.

Note: I've tried two different USB 3.0 cables and one 2.0 cable -- the cables are all 1 meter long, so as short as possible to connect. Everything else on the "Anker USB 3.0 Docking Station" works without a problem, only the display has a problem.