PDA

View Full Version : USB3.0 Dock - No color settings

Spiv
01-23-2015, 09:40 AM
Hello,

I have a couple of issues with the USB 3.0 dock and I am searching for a solution.

First issue is that I have no access to color settings (Intel graphic panel) on the screens connected to the dock as I wanted to increase gamma through software. The feature works well without the dock on the built-in laptop screen.

Second issue (which maybe linked) is that some games are crashing when lauchend on the screens connected through the dock or some video feature are not working (as adjust gamma setting). Of course everything is working on the built-in screen.

One important thing is that everything is working well on Windows 7, so I think it is related to Windows 8.1 drivers.

Could you please help me on this one?

Regards,

Spiv.

Configuration:
Laptop: Dell Inc. Dell Precision M3800 A06
Graphic cards: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA NVIDIA Quadro K1100M
Dock: DELL D3100 Display Link with 2 monitors
Drivers: DisplayLink, Intel, nVivida latest.

JamesH
01-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Hi,

There's no way of changing the gamma setting on the monitors connected through the dock.

There is a tool available which will disable the DisplayLink drivers. This could help resolve the issue with the games crashing. You can find this tool here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=368

Thanks,
James

Spiv
01-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the quick response.

Could you please confirm that no Color settings (brightness, gamma, colors) are available on a USB 3.0 dock?

Regards,