PDA

View Full Version : iClever USB3.0 Dock misidentifies monitors

gmkayaker
01-22-2015, 05:45 PM
I have a 1600x1200 Samsung syncmaster connected via DVI and an HP Pavilion 23bw connected via HDMI to my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro which has a 3200x1800 builtin monitor that I normally run at 1600x900 to avoid compatability problems with software.

When I connect the iClever dock to my USB port, Displaylink resets the resolution of the builtin monitor to 3200x1800. It recognizes the Samsung as 1600x1200 as monitor#2 and shows #3 as "no monitor" with a default resolution. When I click on Identify, it shows the monitor shapes and numbers correctly in the control panel but labels the Samsung as 3 and the HP as 2 (backwards). When I change the resolution of the HP manually, it updates the shape of the #2 monitor (the correct one, but misidentified.) I can reposition the monitors as I expect and move the cursor between them as expected.

Also, when I put the computer to sleep and then wake it up, there is some flashing of the builtin screen and when things settle down with the right resoltions, all my open windows are back on the builtin screen and I have to reposition them all back to the external monitors. Very annoying.

I uninstalled 7.6 and reinstalled with 7.7 and I am having exactly the same issues as before.

JamesH
01-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Hi,

It looks like the EDID of the HP monitor is unavailable or invalid. This can either be due to the monitor itself or the video cable connected to the monitor. Because of EDID can't be read you are seeing "no monitor" in Windows Display Properties.

Regarding the window position not persisting it is likely that the notebook is causing a USB reset to occur which would cause the USB connection to disconnect and reconnect and thus not preserve the location of your application windows.

Thanks,
James