PDA

View Full Version : D3000 video and Ethernet no longer functioning on W8.1 with Dell XPS 13

Molds
01-08-2015, 03:26 PM
I have two users with a Dell XPS 13 running Windows 8.1 that also have D3000 docks.

Until recently the docks were working fine but for no apparent reason have stopped serving video (single monitor over HDMI) and Ethernet. The only system change that I am aware of is the latest Windows updates being applied – coincidence or not..?

The monitor reports no signal when connected to the dock but works fine when connected directly to the laptop,

I have tried the dock in all of the XPS USB ports. Windows doesn’t acknowledge it and there is nothing listed in the Device Manager and no DL app in the System Tray. However, the USB mouse and keyboard connected to the dock function fine.

I ran the DL support tool but it thinks there is no dock attached.

I have disconnected the dock, uninstalled DL software, rebooted, run the DL Cleaner, rebooted, install the latest DL software, rebooted, reconnected the dock, rebooted. It has made no difference, still the SL support tool doesn’t see the dock, Windows does not acknowledged it, the USB mouse and keyboard are fine but Ethernet and video do not work.

It looks like there are quite a few recent posts across the Forum about the same / similar issues. Does anyone have a resolution? Is DL taking this seriously? My users are getting frustrated and requesting I buy them an alternative dock!

User
01-09-2015, 05:02 PM
I had the same issue with my 2 monitors not working a few weeks ago (using driver from november, not the current latest) on my D3000 with my 8.1 laptop.

I tried the same steps but was only able to get it working after unplugging the power from the dock, then plugging it back in and then connecting the USB to the computer.

When I plugged it in it said it was updating the dock. Not sure if this is the same for you. My other dock worked but also said it was updating the dock when I plugged it in.

Molds
01-12-2015, 10:51 AM
I don't have an external power source.