PDA

View Full Version : Dell XPS 13 with Dell/Targus SuperSpeed USB3.0 Dock Stopped Working

AndyF12
01-07-2015, 07:52 AM
Hi,

I'm having a problem with DisplayLink on the following:

Dell XPS 13 with Dell/Targus SuperSpeed USB3.0 Dock

Windows 8 Pro x64

The DisplayLink software has just stopped working, it runs in the background but you can never see the icon in the notification area. The dual screens attached to the Dock do not work and are not recognised by the laptop.

I have uninstalled DisplayLink and installed the latest version 7.7 M3 with the same results.

The rest of the dock works.. the mouse and keyboard etc are fine.

I did a system restore to a time that it was working and that made no difference. Updated displaylink again still no effect.

When I have been updating I've been fully uninstalling, rebooting, installing, rebooting.

I have tried to manually open the software from program files. Nothing happens. don't see any events in the event log about it either. Seems to be running from looking at task manager.

If anyone could help that would be great?

TargusLevel3
01-12-2015, 06:06 PM
Andy,

Please post your service tag number so that I may see what version of the Dell XPS13 you have and what drivers may be needed for its Display Adaptor and USB3.0 controller. Also, please check the various non-DisplayLink forums for USB3.0 issues with the different versions, especially LS321, of the XPS13.

DocKtor

AndyF12
01-13-2015, 03:11 PM
It's not a USB 3.0 issue, I have a Kensington usb3.0 dock which I can use with the xps13 that also uses display link and it works fine.

Many people are having this same issue if you look through the forum with the targus docks.