PDA

View Full Version : Lync 2013 won't resize

krgrantham
12-17-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi, folks!
I have a new Lenovo Yoga 2 with Windows 8.1. I downloaded and installed the latest Displaylink drivers.

I'm using one of the USB 3.0 ports connected to a Startech docking station (Ethernet, DVI, audio and four USB 2.0 ports). One external monitor is connected there.

The other external monitor is connected to an IOMEGA USB/DVI adapter connected to one of the Startech USB 2 ports. Both are driving Dell U2312HM monitors at 1920x1080 and there is a warning message that because the resolution is lower than 2400 some things might not fit on the screen.

Most everything works fine. Microsoft Lync 2013 does not. If I drag any Lync window to the primary 3200x1800 built-in display, it resizes correctly. In other words, I have a reasonably sized window. But if I drag it to either USB monitor, it blows up to a very large cartoonish size and won't fit on the screen.

However, if I drag Outlook, Word, Excel, RingCentral or other applications they seem to adjust correctly when moved to or from the larger but lower resolution external monitors.

Anyone seen this behavior before and have advice as to solving it?

Windows 8.1 64 bit new machine, 32 bit versions of Lync and MS Office Pro per Microsoft recommendation.

Thanks

JamesH
01-13-2015, 10:10 PM
Hi,

This sounds like it could be a Windows scaling issue.

Please try checking / unchecking the "Let me choose one scaling for all my displays" option mentioned in this article:

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2013/07/15/windows-8-1-dpi-scaling-enhancements/

Thanks,
James