PDA

View Full Version : Need HDMI input, Any adapters available

byllc
12-17-2014, 04:26 AM
So I purchased a displaylink monitor for a very specific project that will use a small arm linux computer , like a raspberry pi. When I read "USB Powered" I did not realize that it was going to also be USB (Software) video driven as well. It seems to me that a much more sensible product, especially for mobile users would be a usb power but video over HDMI. I would use that with my macbook all day. But the software drivers are laggy, not optimal for many situations and really just kind of a bad idea if you only need a single secondary monitor.

Is there any adapter available, maybe with an hdmi female connection and a USB female connection so you can run a proper video feed to the monitor without the software overhead, still using your dedicated video hardware but also being able to use the usb port on the computer to power the monitor?

The worst thing about these monitors is that they will be made obsolete in a handful of years when the company stops making drivers for old models and this would solve that problem as well.