PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Drivers

snak35
10-01-2014, 05:28 PM
I just installed Windows 10 Technical Preview and the current drivers do not work. An error message appears stating that the operating system in not compatible.

Can anyone please provide guidance on how to resolve issue?

Thanks!

snak35
10-01-2014, 05:38 PM
I removed the USB connection, uninstalled the previous drivers and rebooted. On reboot, I continued to install the drivers recommended by Windows 10 and it now works. Thanks!

keremy
10-01-2014, 07:28 PM
I have the same issue. Have a new laptop with Windows 10 on it, and the installer fails with the error dialog.

I had previous version drivers, which I uninstalled, but I still can't use my monitors through the USB connection and can't install the new drivers.

scottath
10-02-2014, 01:06 AM
Yea - plug in the dock - and use windows update to get the driver. Worked first time for me - super impressed.

josebarahona
10-02-2014, 02:45 AM
Noticed that Displaylink prompted a message regarding Not supported OS or Graphics card. So after reconnecting USB it started working as it downloaded drivers from Windows Update.

JamesH
10-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Hi all,

You'll need to install the Windows 10 alpha drivers available here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=376

Thanks,
James

ptallett
10-23-2014, 08:30 PM
Hi!

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Tech Preview and my StarTech USB32DPPro didn't work, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the (OLD) drivers 7.6.57633.0 and it started to work although is not very stable (display refresh issues, BSOD when waking from sleep, blank screen, frozen display) but it works most of the time.

I tried installing the new beta drivers but my machine crashes immediately when I install them (page fault in DLKMD.SYS). I also saw the drivers come through on Windows Update, but again my machine BSOD's when I let them install so I have had to hide the update. I am running two 2560x1600 displays, one off DisplayPort and one off the DisplayLink adaptor.

I am scared to uninstall and clean install as I will have lost the old drivers and my machine will probably blue screen on boot (I suppose I could unplug the adaptor).

Is the USB32DPPro supported with this new set of drivers? All the posts talk about DisplayLink docks which I don't have.

I've also recently started seeing BIOS errors and POST failures - is this related? I have an Intel NUC with Haswell i5 and Iris graphics.

Help! My machine is very unhappy!

Thanks!

tomr
10-30-2014, 04:12 PM
this thread was exactly what I needed and the alpha driver works great so far! Nice work guys! :)

Using Win10 Build 9860 with HP Elitebook Resolve 810 w/ Intel 4000 graphics card

tomr
10-30-2014, 05:37 PM
this thread was exactly what I needed and the alpha driver works great so far! Nice work guys! :)

Using Win10 Build 9860 with HP Elitebook Resolve 810 w/ Intel 4000 graphics card
well things were good after first install, now after a reboot I can only get one of two external monitors working. HDMI seems the most problematic by default but I can get video on either connection (dvi/hdmi) if I just unplug one of the two... almost there guys, keep going but not stable yet!

GTiceman
11-03-2014, 01:35 PM
well things were good after first install, now after a reboot I can only get one of two external monitors working. HDMI seems the most problematic by default but I can get video on either connection (dvi/hdmi) if I just unplug one of the two... almost there guys, keep going but not stable yet!

I have had this problem using the W10 Alpha drivers since day 1. I use the ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock and only one external monitor works. I might try uninstalling all the drivers and letting windows detect them and seeing what happens as others have indicated success.

PaulJ
11-13-2014, 10:17 AM
Hi tomr and GTIceman,

We would like to know more about the issues you are seeing.

Can you please run the Display Link Support Tool (available here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109) using the Advanced Logging option…
* Click Advanced Options
* Turn on Advanced DisplayLink Logging
* Click Advanced Options
* Click Gather Support Information

Once you have a .zip file could you please reply in this thread and add the file as an attachment.

It would also be useful if you could please supply the precise model and make of the two monitors you are using and some details about how they are setup:
* Which dock output is each monitor connected to?
* Which input is used on each monitor (e.g. HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort) and also which one if there are multiple inputs for the same connector type? (e.g. HDMI-1, HDMI-2)
* are any converters used (e.g. DVI->HDMI) – if so, please supply the make and model if possible.

Also, could you tell us if the issue persists when…
* the PC is rebooted,
* each cable is unplugged & replugged at the PC, dock and monitor?

This should greatly aid our investigation of your issues and hopefully help us reach a solution.

Thanks,
Paul

brandon
11-13-2014, 05:26 PM
The latest Windows 10 build 9879 broke my display link but I was able to uninstall and reinstall alpha2 and it started working again after a few tires.

:D

meritage98
11-17-2014, 08:43 PM
I have also upgraded to the latest build 9879 of Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 and my displaylink broke as well. I attempted several variations of reinstalling the alpha v2 drivers as well but am unable to restore visibility to my attached external displays via the Belkin dock. It's strange because, the monitors do detect a connect and turn from amber to blue, but no images are displayed on the screen. Anyone care to send me v3 to test? Or offer better testing steps?

PaulJ
11-18-2014, 08:22 AM
meritage98,

If you could follow the steps in my previous post to allow us to investigate this issue we would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Paul

meritage98
11-18-2014, 10:09 PM
so I did a complete uninstall and reinstall of alpha2 drivers to no avail. same results. Diag zip attached. Belkin surface 3 dock B2B043-C00, Dell P2311Hb monitors. Two monitors hanging off the dock, 1 on display port, 2 on dvi and 3 on USB. I have run tests to exclude and include the USB independently, but it has the same results. It's a USB pluggable, displaylink certified device as well. Also switch from amber to blue on the monitors when connected but not video on displays.

JezzH
11-19-2014, 10:27 AM
Hi meritage98,

Thank you for posting us the logs for your issue. Unfortunatly the uploaded zip file is empty, so can you please post the logs to us again?

Thanks,
Jezz

snak35
11-19-2014, 04:40 PM
I was struggling with the monitors and uninstalled the software followed by using cleaning tool and then installed alpha (following instructions at http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=376). Seems to now work.

meritage98
11-20-2014, 03:33 PM
I repeated the cleaner steps as suggested, but nada mucho. still amber to blue on monitors, with no images on display. attached zip again. thx

amnon
11-20-2014, 06:41 PM
I work for Microsoft.
I was running the public tech preview successfully, but then switched to an internal build - spoiler - it has rainbows and unicorns, and that's as far as I will go to discuss it so please don't even try :-)
The current drivers I have (DisplayLink_7.7M0 and DisplayLink_7.8_Alpha2) refuse to install with the "The Operating system is not supported by DisplayLink software." error.
I realize that these builds of the DisplayLink driver haven't been tested on such internal Windows 10 builds, but it is probably a safe bet that they will still work if the installation code allows.
Therefore I'd like to request that a new build of the DisplayLink drivers be minted and the limitation be removed. I'll have to deal with the consequences if the driver doesn't work.
Thanks,
Amnon

PaulJ
11-21-2014, 09:24 AM
Hi amnon,

There should be a new build on WU that will resolve this issue for you. Thanks for testing, let us know of any more issues and also if it all now works wonderfully!

Thanks,
Paul

meritage98
11-21-2014, 04:30 PM
I just ran WU and it found a new DisplayLink Driver (431E). Applied and still have the same issue. Nothing on other 3 monitors. Suggestions? Feels like I'm just missing a setting here.

amnon
11-21-2014, 05:21 PM
Hi amnon,

There should be a new build on WU that will resolve this issue for you. Thanks for testing, let us know of any more issues and also if it all now works wonderfully!

Thanks,
Paul

The build that I got on WU states it's not compatible (through a toast on the right top corner) and doesn't work.

meritage98
11-21-2014, 08:01 PM
So out of frustration, I just started again from ground zero. I uninstalled all DL drivers, and ran the clean tool. Rebooted. Plugged beklkin USB into surface, you could here the USB engage in windows, but nothing happened. Rebooted. First thing I saw was a displaylink agreement to accept, and did. After that, all monitors returned to normal. This is without the alpha 2 drivers. Also applied the 431E driver from 11/21, and all monitors are responding. I am still having problems with Lync screen sharing and webex, but I would consider this fixed for now.

amnon
11-21-2014, 08:57 PM
So out of frustration, I just started again from ground zero. I uninstalled all DL drivers, and ran the clean tool. Rebooted. Plugged beklkin USB into surface, you could here the USB engage in windows, but nothing happened. Rebooted. First thing I saw was a displaylink agreement to accept, and did. After that, all monitors returned to normal. This is without the alpha 2 drivers. Also applied the 431E driver from 11/21, and all monitors are responding. I am still having problems with Lync screen sharing and webex, but I would consider this fixed for now.

Is this the technical preview build or a Microsoft internal build?

meritage98
11-22-2014, 12:50 AM
tech preview, lastest cut.

amnon
11-23-2014, 12:57 AM
That's the reason it's not working for me, and I'm back to the original request - alleviate the version check so I can run this internally at Microsoft.
I'll be happy to give feedback if the driver didn't refuse to run...

PaulJ
11-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Hi amnon,

I'm sorry to hear it's not currently working for you. Could you please run our support tool and attach the resulting zip file in this thread? The tool is available here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109 but it would be good if you could also enable the Advanced Logging option…
* Click Advanced Options
* Click Advanced Options

Thanks,
Paul

GTiceman
11-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Hi tomr and GTIceman,

Can you please run the Display Link Support Tool (available here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109) using the Advanced Logging option…
* Click Advanced Options
* Click Advanced Options

Once you have a .zip file could you please reply in this thread and add the file as an attachment.

It would also be useful if you could please supply the precise model and make of the two monitors you are using and some details about how they are setup:Dell U2412M
Samsung SyncMaster 216BW
Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock
* Which dock output is each monitor connected to? Dell Monitor connected to top DVI
* Which input is used on each monitor (e.g. HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort) and also which one if there are multiple inputs for the same connector type? (e.g. HDMI-1, HDMI-2)Both DVI
* are any converters used (e.g. DVI->HDMI) – if so, please supply the make and model if possible.N/A

* the PC is rebooted, Yes
* each cable is unplugged & replugged at the PC, dock and monitor?Either DVI removed, attached screen works, even if it did not previously. Swap cables and both connected only top connector works. Disconnect either and attached screen works regardless of connector location.

This should greatly aid our investigation of your issues and hopefully help us reach a solution.

Thanks,
Paul

Please find my answers above and my log attached.

amnon
11-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Hi amnon,

I'm sorry to hear it's not currently working for you. Could you please run our support tool and attach the resulting zip file in this thread? The tool is available here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109 but it would be good if you could also enable the Advanced Logging option…
* Click Advanced Options
* Click Advanced Options

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks, here is the result.

Please remove the attachment from the post after you get the information from it.

PaulJ
11-24-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi amnon,

I've looked at your logs and you don't have our absolute latest software installed which is why you're seeing the install being blocked. The version you need is 7.8.58783.0 which I was expecting would be on Windows Update by now. Apologies fro the slightly misleading information, I will see if I can track the status of this release.

Thanks,
Paul

GTiceman
11-25-2014, 09:51 PM
Hi tomr and GTIceman,

* Click Advanced Options
* Click Advanced Options

It would also be useful if you could please supply the precise model and make of the two monitors you are using and some details about how they are setup:Dell U2412M
Samsung SyncMaster 216BW
Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock
* Which dock output is each monitor connected to? Dell Monitor connected to bottom DVI
* Which input is used on each monitor (e.g. HDMI/DVI/DisplayPort) and also which one if there are multiple inputs for the same connector type? (e.g. HDMI-1, HDMI-2)Both DVI
* are any converters used (e.g. DVI->HDMI) – if so, please supply the make and model if possible.N/A

* the PC is rebooted, Yes
* each cable is unplugged & replugged at the PC, dock and monitor?Black screen on both displays.

Thanks,
Paul

Please find my answers above and my log attached. This is based on the newest software received from Windows Update today

GTiceman
12-01-2014, 05:18 PM
Hi amnon,

I've looked at your logs and you don't have our absolute latest software installed which is why you're seeing the install being blocked. The version you need is 7.8.58783.0 which I was expecting would be on Windows Update by now. Apologies fro the slightly misleading information, I will see if I can track the status of this release.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi PaulJ can you please review my logs

PaulJ
12-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Hi GTiceman,

Sorry for not replying sooner. We believe the issue you are seeing is caused by a poorly connected video cable - probably where the cable connects to the DisplayLink dock. A feature was added in our 7.6 software to help detect VGA connected monitors and a side effect is DVI connections that were previously working may now stop. If after ensuring the cable is connected properly you still see this issue I believe it is possible a faulty cable may still cause the same issue so trying another may then resolve this.

If you could try this and let us know what happens that would be great.

Thanks,
Paul

GTiceman
12-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Hi GTiceman,

Sorry for not replying sooner. We believe the issue you are seeing is caused by a poorly connected video cable - probably where the cable connects to the DisplayLink dock. A feature was added in our 7.6 software to help detect VGA connected monitors and a side effect is DVI connections that were previously working may now stop. If after ensuring the cable is connected properly you still see this issue I believe it is possible a faulty cable may still cause the same issue so trying another may then resolve this.

If you could try this and let us know what happens that would be great.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul,

Both these cables are confirmed working when connected to other systems. They are also tightly secured and screwed in fully. The cables are different manufacturers and I tested new ones in their place and have the same error. Screens are detected but no image presented. Thanks

amnon
12-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Yesterday my Surface Pro 3 picked up an update and it now works fine.
Thanks!

mariusstrom
12-03-2014, 04:15 PM
After getting the update to the Alpha software via WU just the other day, I'm also having the same problem others are: external monitors not displaying. The monitors do power up, and if I go the screen resolution control panel, I see the external displays. Often when I launch apps, they launch on the secondary monitors (that aren't displaying), so I have to perform some magic to get them on my one working laptop monitor.

Information requested is attached:

* Which dock output is each monitor connected to? Targus ACP71USZ
* Which input is used on each monitor: Pair of Samsung S27C650 monitors, one hooked up via an HDMI<->HDMI cable and one hooked up via a DVI<->HDMI cable (DVI on the Targus side, HDMI on the monitor side).

* the PC is rebooted,
* each cable is unplugged & replugged at the PC, dock and monitor?
This problem repros after reboots, after uninstall of DP software/cleanup tool/reinstall, power cycling dock does not help.

PaulJ
12-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Yesterday my Surface Pro 3 picked up an update and it now works fine.
Thanks!

That's good to hear, thanks for letting us know!

PaulJ
12-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Paul,

Both these cables are confirmed working when connected to other systems. They are also tightly secured and screwed in fully. The cables are different manufacturers and I tested new ones in their place and have the same error. Screens are detected but no image presented. Thanks

OK, thanks for the updated information. We shall investigate further.

mariusstrom
12-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Any suggestions for the issue I'm running into, Paul?

GTiceman
12-04-2014, 07:23 PM
Any suggestions for the issue I'm running into, Paul?

Sounds like the same/similar issue so I am hoping they can help

GTiceman
12-08-2014, 05:57 PM
OK, thanks for the updated information. We shall investigate further.

Hi Paul, any updates?

LoryanS
01-14-2015, 03:54 AM
I'm running Windows 10 build 9879 with the Alpha drivers (I can't remember if Alpha 1 or 2).
It was working ok other than Lync screen sharing issue, then the other day when starting to share a program in Lync both my screens stopped working.

I've rebooted countless times, uninstalled, ran the DL cleaner, reinstalled the Alpha 2 drivers from the DisplayLink site, got WU to install drivers, etc.

The result is always the same - both external screens detect and light up, Windows can see that they are there, but there's nothing actually on the screen.

Any ideas?

Serephan
01-18-2015, 04:59 AM
I am having the same problem as LoryanS. I plugged in my DisplayLink device (Asus MB168+), got the latest drivers from WU, got the icon in my system tray and Windows recognizes the device in the screen resolution dialogue. However, the screen is simply blank.

I've tried this a few times, completely wiping out the drivers and installing the alpha 2 driver first sometimes, and sometimes just letting WU find the right one from the start, and I get the same result each way.

I'm running Windows 10 Tech Preview Build 9879 on a Surface Pro 3 i7 256GB.

LoryanS
01-18-2015, 08:27 PM
Interestingly there has been an update to the DisplayLink drivers via WU overnight - still no change though. :-(
Build version is now 7.8.59464.0

(Also FYI I am running a Surface Pro 3 i5 with Targus docking station)

vlko
01-25-2015, 09:40 PM
9926 build out and Alpha 1 or Alpha 2 driver is not working.
When you expect to publish compatible update?

PaulJ
01-26-2015, 09:23 AM
Hi vlko,

An updated software package compatible with Windows 10 build 9926 should be appearing on Windows Update in the next day or two.

Thanks,
Paul

vlko
01-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Thanks for info.

Will there be included also fix for black screen issue some people has with Alpha 2? I had this issue only with my old usb 2 Display link card but on my new HP 3005pr all was working fine (i did rollback to Alpha 1). But I will test when published and let you know as there is no other option when doing betatesting:)

GTiceman
01-26-2015, 05:04 PM
Hi vlko,

An updated software package compatible with Windows 10 build 9926 should be appearing on Windows Update in the next day or two.

Thanks,
Paul

Is this the 4302 update? This doesn't work for me and says drivers are incompatible.

plop28
01-27-2015, 10:35 AM
Hey,

I have a 4305 in windows update on my 9926 Windows 10 install.

Works fine Thanks :)

I have intel Graphics driver 10.18.10.3496 installed.

plop28
01-28-2015, 08:58 AM
New Update today but it crashes my SurfacePro3. Once Intel Graphics drivers 4079 (4080 can't be installed installed), all going well.

GTiceman
01-28-2015, 11:56 AM
Latest update seems to be working for me. Caused some weird issue with the start menu icons where I got the start button, Cortana, Desktop Switcher, IE, Explorer floating in the middle of the screen

dotraphael
01-28-2015, 07:20 PM
the last update did work for the 2nd screen, however, it broke the audio and network drivers. i cannot even install it manually via device manager and asking to install from C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\AudioDriver and C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\CdcNcmDriver

Kimmo
02-16-2015, 04:42 AM
My Laptop just upgraded to v7.8.59999.0 of the drivers.
It seems to work fine, but very often, when doing something that involves animation like minimizing a window or moving a browser tab out into its own window, the mouse cursor starts shadowing and the whole OS stops responding. I then need to power-cycle the computer to get it working again. unplugging the DisplayLink USB cable doesn't help.

Bob
02-18-2015, 04:52 PM
I have a Lilliput EBY701-NP/C/T.

I am unable to get the touch screen working in Win10.9926!

It was working fine prior to the OS upgrade. The DisplayLink Win10a2 drivers are being reported as not compatible with the OS and the installation fails. I have tried installing under compatibility mode and as admin.

Also, if I install the latest eGalax software, it installs fine but no touch. The calibration tool does not recognize a touch on the screen. does Windows need eGalax AND DisplayLink to work?

Interestingly, Windows 10 (before installing the eGalax) recognized the touch interface as a HID and actually responded to touch. However, touching one spot triggered a touch in another on the screen and the built-in calibration tool did not seem to stick. The calibration tool did recognize the exact places I touched but after applying, no go.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to help get this working?

Thanks!

Bob

PaulJ
02-19-2015, 08:43 AM
Hi Bob,

Can you confirm the version of DisplayLink software you have installed? Are you able to check for a newer version on Windows Update? It sounds like you don't have the latest DisplayLink release which is currently only on Windows Update unfortunately.

Thanks,
Paul

Bob
02-19-2015, 02:24 PM
I downloaded the driver from here:

http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=136

V7.6.58259.0

It will not install under Win 10 v9926. If it did, Windows update would likely be able to pull down the updated driver. As mentioned, I attempted to install it under several compatibility modes and as admin, to no avail.

Please advise, thanks!

Bob

PaulJ
02-25-2015, 08:47 AM
Hi Bob,

That driver is very out of date and shouldn't really still be on our website. Unfortunately we currently only have newer windows 10 builds on Windows Update (see http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=376). Are you able to check windows update? Which DisplayLink device are you trying to use?

Thanks,
Paul

ryanabbott22
02-27-2015, 09:09 PM
Can someone please post a direct link to the Windows 10 Alpha 2 V7.6.58259.0 driver? Windows Update keeps failing so I'm unable to get the driver.

Thanks!

robertsondonte
02-27-2015, 11:52 PM
Hello All,

My Targus device worked fine before upgrading to Windows 10 Build 9926. I would like to know what is the latest DisplayLink Driver and if there is anything I can do to resolve this issue. I do get an incompatibility warning when I log into my system. The Targus device works with my Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 devices. I have installed the latest Firmware from Targus for the device. Below is additional information:

Updates: Daily
Display Driver: Intel HD Graphics 4600 v. 10.18.15.4098
Secondary Display Driver: NVIDIA Quadro K1100M v. 9.18.13.4965
USB Display Adapters: Targus USB3.0 DV Docking Station v. (DisplayLink Corp.) 7.7.60366.0

I have uninstalled DisplayLink drivers and software, ran their cleaning tool, rebooted the system, ran automatic updates, it updated the driver. This did not work.

I re-ran the uninstallation process and installed the drivers and software provided from Targus, this did not work. I then ran Windows Updates again, this did not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated!! :)

robertsondonte
02-28-2015, 12:01 AM
My Laptop just upgraded to v7.8.59999.0 of the drivers.
It seems to work fine, but very often, when doing something that involves animation like minimizing a window or moving a browser tab out into its own window, the mouse cursor starts shadowing and the whole OS stops responding. I then need to power-cycle the computer to get it working again. unplugging the DisplayLink USB cable doesn't help.
Kimmo - Is the attachment you have the 7.8.x drive that you are referring to? My system is not updating to that driver version.

PaulJ
03-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Hi robertsondonte,

Unfortunately our latest 7.7 release for Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 was accidentally made available for people running Windows 10 but only people using a Targus DisplayLink product - which you appear to be doing. This caused the USB driver to be 'updated' to 7.7 but the rest of the DisplayLink software package was left as 7.8 resulting in a non-functioning DisplayLink product as you see. If you are lucky you may be able to roll back this driver update and restore a working DisplayLink setup but then it's possible the 7.7 update will be reapplied. This update should not be visible to Windows 10 very soon but I don't believe that has happened just yet.

Thanks,
Paul

computerguru
03-02-2015, 05:36 PM
With the latest driver (7.8.59999.0), none of my DisplayLink monitors work anymore. I currently just have one plugged in, it's recognized by Windows as another display, but is completely blank. Also running the latest AMD Catalyst Omega drivers (14.501.1003.0). The support tool zip in my other thread was ran against all 6 of my USB monitors, but demonstrates the same thing happening:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63614

I also ran the DisplayLink Cleanup tool and re-installed 7.8.59999.0 from Windows Updates...still the same issue

How does one roll back a version of the driver on Windows 10? And how do we prevent the specific version of the driver from being installed as part of a later automatic update?

agingnerds
03-03-2015, 12:10 AM
Hi robertsondonte,

Unfortunately our latest 7.7 release for Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 was accidentally made available for people running Windows 10 but only people using a Targus DisplayLink product - which you appear to be doing. This caused the USB driver to be 'updated' to 7.7 but the rest of the DisplayLink software package was left as 7.8 resulting in a non-functioning DisplayLink product as you see. If you are lucky you may be able to roll back this driver update and restore a working DisplayLink setup but then it's possible the 7.7 update will be reapplied. This update should not be visible to Windows 10 very soon but I don't believe that has happened just yet.

Thanks,
Paul

Do you have any further information on the roll back. I tried that and I felt as though I ran into a very similar issue where it rolled back up to the newest driver when I plugged it in. I have not tried unplugging from the network rolling back and then plugging in. Have you been able to replicate the roll back working?

Kubam
03-03-2015, 06:44 AM
Hello All,
Issue with wrong driver version on Windows Update for Win10 should be fixed now.
If you have 7.7.Mx DisplayLink driver downloaded from Windows Update I recommend to uninstall DisplayLink Software as described here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=297 and then download again driver from Windows Update.
Please let us know about the results.

BR,
Kuba

robertsondonte
03-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Hi robertsondonte,

Thanks,
Paul
PaulJ - This is exactly my experience. I have used the uninstaller provided from your support site, it keeps updating me to 7.7. Do we have a proven process that will work? Due to this problem, my USB ASUS monitor no longer works as well. I am monitor less.

:'-(

I have completed multiple rollbacks. Including rolling back my Intel and NVidia drivers. Are there any logs local to the system (DisplayLink) that I can use for troubleshooting? Do I need to go into the registry and enable this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

"I will not give up on DisplayLink, if they do not give up on me!"

PaulJ
03-05-2015, 08:24 PM
Hi robertsondonte,

The issue you were seeing should be resolved by uninstalling and letting the latest software on Windows Update be installed. Can you please run the Display Link Support Tool (available here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=109) and attach the results so we can try and see what's happening?

Thanks,
Paul

robertsondonte
03-05-2015, 08:29 PM
With the latest driver (7.8.59999.0), none of my DisplayLink monitors work anymore. I currently just have one plugged in, it's recognized by Windows as another display, but is completely blank. Also running the latest AMD Catalyst Omega drivers (14.501.1003.0). The support tool zip in my other thread was ran against all 6 of my USB monitors, but demonstrates the same thing happening:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63614

I also ran the DisplayLink Cleanup tool and re-installed 7.8.59999.0 from Windows Updates...still the same issue

How does one roll back a version of the driver on Windows 10? And how do we prevent the specific version of the driver from being installed as part of a later automatic update?

I have to agree with you here. How can we prevent drivers from updating? My previous driver on this build worked perfect. Since the update, I have been unable to use any DisplayLink monitors.

To answer your question, you can rollback drivers by going to the device manager. Right click the driver and open its properties. I believe the second tab will give you the ability to rollback or uninstall a driver.

If we could have the download to the beta driver, I am sure we could uninstall the driver and install the appropriate driver. Please help DisplayLink!!

UPDATE: After reading the thread and seeing there was an update (7.8.59999.0) that I did not try, I have provided my steps to make this work. Do you mind trying it to let us know if it works? We may have to do other troubleshooting.

robertsondonte
03-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Hello All,
Issue with wrong driver version on Windows Update for Win10 should be fixed now.
If you have 7.7.Mx DisplayLink driver downloaded from Windows Update I recommend to uninstall DisplayLink Software as described here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=297 and then download again driver from Windows Update.
Please let us know about the results.

BR,
Kuba

Kuba

THIS DID WORK FOR ME!!! Make sure your remove the DisplayLink hardware before starting. Here is the exact process I followed:

1. Open Control Panel and select Programs and Features
2. Select software with the name 'DisplayLink' and uninstall
3. Restart your computer once they all are uninstalled
4. Go here: http://displaylink.com/support/sla.php?fileid=121
5. Download the DisplayLink Installation Cleaner by selecting Agree
6. Extract the zip file, right-click the EndUserCleaner.exe and select Run as administrator
7. Select Yes when the pop-up appears
8. Hit Enter to start the process. Hit Enter only once. It will inform you that it completed then you can hit Enter to exit the program. If the window disappears without telling you it completed, run the file again. Remember to hit Enter only once when it is needed.
9. Restart your computer and connect your DisplayLink device
10. Open Settings and select Update & Recovery
11. Select Check for updates
12. You should see the DisplayLink driver update appear
13. Unlike other driver updates, a terms and conditions will appear, select Agree
14. Restart your computer when done

You can verify you have the correct driver in your device manager. The version that resolve my issue is 7.8.59999.0.

NOW I HAVE MY THREE MONITORS BACK!! I have not tested my USB monitor but I am hoping that will work. If not, I will let you know. If this does not work for someone, please let us know.

THANK YOU DISPLAYLINK!!

robertsondonte
03-05-2015, 08:55 PM
PaulJ - I am good to go. Check my previous post for more information of what I did.

Denis Olivier
03-10-2015, 11:36 AM
Hi all,

did all what you said (deleting, rebooting, cleaning adm mode, reboot, plug cable, and run w10 update), redid it 3 times, I always received the older drivers.

Attached SUpport tool files.

Just if it can help, all was fine until this morning when I did w10 update that proposed me news DL drivers, then after all went wrong.

If you need more information, just ask.

Have a great day.

EDIT: I suppress directly the display driver via the drivers manager, right click, uninstall. Then reboot. Asked WU to perform a check. The version wasn't the good one. Did a rollback at the same place, it seems to be good. Reboot. Bad. And finally WU again, reboot and good. What to learn for me is that it's quite unstable for now for everyone, need to be some kind of geek/sysop to succeed. I'm sure it will be better in the future, good luck ;)

mausland
03-10-2015, 02:57 PM
I'm having the same issue with the DL drivers after the Windows Update on 3/9. Followed the removal process several times and each time I get drivers from Windows Update I'm getting the older version.

cwerfel
03-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Same here. I just uninstalled and cleaned the DL versions I had installed, reconnected hardware, downloaded from WU and the version downloaded was 7.7. Still need to get this fixed with MSFT on WU. Sadly for me, my first attempt to fix this was to rollback using system restore which fixed DL but broke all my metro apps, start menu, Cortana, etc. This weekend will be a complete rebuild but there's no point in doing that until the 7.8 W10 drivers are back in play.

seedosrun
03-11-2015, 12:04 PM
I tried the steps to uninstall, reboot, use the cleaner, rebooted, and plugged back in and installed with no luck.

They way I got mine fixed was go into device manager, go to usb display adapters, select the DisplayLink Adapter, click update driver, browsed drivers, let me pick and selected the one for 7.8.xxxx. After that and a reboot, back up and running with my dual displays.

mausland
03-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Where are you finding the update? When I do that I get the same 7.7 driver... Would you mind walking us through your steps?

Denis Olivier
03-11-2015, 03:42 PM
The 7.7 drivers are always coming from WU.
Currently with a rollback, I get a newer version ;) labeled with:

DisplayLink Display Adapter (430F)
Driver date: 27/01/2015
Driver version: 7.8.5999.0

And the monitors doesn't mount, I admit a little bit frustrating after 3 days trying again and again, while it worked perfectly since many weeks.

Thank you and good luck guys ;)

carsten.horlacher
03-11-2015, 05:36 PM
Hi, I had the same problem and found the "old/new" driver under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\dis playlinkusb.inf_amd64_550de5f561177400. So I installed this driver with right click - install - on the displaylinkusb.inf. Windows 10 was too intelligent and updated it to the bad version 7.7 from yesterday (received via windows update). But after that I was able to switch back to the old driver thru device manager. And now it´s working again!

mausland
03-11-2015, 07:49 PM
So when I look in the driver store and try to do the upgrade I see that it is only version 7.7.60366.0

I guess I'm SOL until WU has the update.

UPDATE: 3/13/15 - Windows Update seems to now have the latest driver in place. Installed and working.

moogleassassin
03-19-2015, 08:30 AM
ok... running Win10 10041 now and surprise - everything is broken again and no new drivers being presented via WinUpdate.

Can't lie, I'm getting a little tired of this now. Yes its beta. Yes things change, but every single build that changes its always completely broken. Are you guys working with MS on this - I'm assuming so because the drivers are being loaded to WinUpdate... but please try and get working drivers for new builds out asap.

moogleassassin
03-19-2015, 08:38 AM
ok... running Win10 10041 now and surprise - everything is broken again and no new drivers being presented via WinUpdate.

Can't lie, I'm getting a little tired of this now. Yes its beta. Yes things change, but every single build that changes its always completely broken. Are you guys working with MS on this - I'm assuming so because the drivers are being loaded to WinUpdate... but please try and get working drivers for new builds out asap.

ok the previous fix of reverting to the 7.7 driver is what is breaking it. reverting forwards back to the 7.8 driver and things (atm) seem to be working.

PaulJ
03-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Hi moogleassassin,

Sorry you've been having problems but it sounds as though you have resolved them now. Is that correct? It's unfortunate that this 7.7 issue has occurred, I agree, hopefully this should not happen again - there was an issue which was causing this version which was not intended for Windows 10 being mistakenly released by Microsoft. They have now tweaked something which should mean this doesn't happen again.

Thanks,
Paul

LoryanS
03-22-2015, 10:31 PM
I'm on the latest driver either via the DisplayLink website (7.8.61611.0) or Windows Update. Keeps detecting & flickering and then disconnecting. Quite frustrating.

JamesH
03-23-2015, 08:41 AM
Hi everyone on this thread,

This thread has become unmanageable due to its size and as such I will close it in 24 hours

Please create a new thread for any issues you're having.

Thanks,
James

McA
03-24-2015, 11:00 AM
First I find it strange that there was no response to the issue I logged. As you can see, I am not the only one having issue with your latest driver. I went to the length of providing you the log files to aid your troubleshooting. The least you could do is ACK the issue. Now you're closing this thread down, how are we to know where you are on the issues mentioned?

JamesH
03-24-2015, 12:32 PM
First I find it strange that there was no response to the issue I logged. As you can see, I am not the only one having issue with your latest driver. I went to the length of providing you the log files to aid your troubleshooting. The least you could do is ACK the issue. Now you're closing this thread down, how are we to know where you are on the issues mentioned?

Hi,

PaulJ has replied to you (see post #4 here):
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63678

We are currently trying to reproduce these issues.

Thanks,
James