PDA

View Full Version : Not sure this is the right place to ask, but.....

JoeP
07-31-2014, 01:38 PM
Ya gotta start somewhere!

Hi, Forum-followers!
I've got an application that runs on a Windows 7 PC (Gigabyte GA-C1037U), using both of the on-board video connectors (1 VGA, 1 HDMI) to feed two separate displays, on which I show 2 separate forms (VB.net app), with some "output-only" text in boxes on each form... works fine, but I need more displays.... would DisplayLink technology allow me to connect more monitors, say perhaps as many as 8, with each displaying its own form?

The PC's got plenty of USB holes available, if that's and issue, or, could it work through a USB hub?

Thanks loads for any light anyone can shed on this!

JoeP

JamesH
08-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Hi,

Yes you can do this with DisplayLink enabled displays.

Thanks,
James

JoeP
10-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Thanks, James! I've been up to my ears in other projects, and finally getting back to this one.... It's evolved a bit now, and other issues have arisen...

I've got 4 DisplayLink monitors (DoubleSight DS-10U) in addition to one "regular" display...

Here's the issue: I've got the first displaylink monitor defined as my "main monitor" (via windows screen-resolution dialogue), and my application works fine, and does just what I expect... However, when I remove the "regular" display from the mix, thing go a bit wonky, and the application apparently fails... I say "apparently, because, without the regular display, I see nothing on the others but the Windows logo...

So, is there some way to convince Windows that the regular display isn't needed, and chug merrily along, or, if that's not possible, is there some sort of dongle I could plug into the HDMI port to fool windows into thinking the IS a display attached?

Thanks loads for any help any of you gurus/gurettes can offer!

JoeP

JamesH
10-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Hi,

You can run with a 'headless' display - the main display is only needed during installation of DisplayLink software or if you want to access the BIOS options.

Thanks,
James