PDA

View Full Version : Asmedia AND nvidia surround

Stingray
01-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Dear gents,

yes, I know there is plenty of information around on these two problems, just all that posts are rather old and I followed every instruction without success.

Situation:
Upgraded my Win7 64-bit PC from single to three displays. They are fired by a GTX760 on driver 327.23 (the newer 332.21 has a software issue when connecting a HDMI device...don't ask :mad:). They are on surround mode, I want to use it in flight sim. That works perfectly :)
In the OLD setup, I had a GTX560Ti on 306.95 drivers no problems on a single monitor.

I want to control three USB monitors (2x U70, 1x MIMO).

Problem: When I plug selected two monitors in, they run but force the surround to quit. Plugging in the third turns every screen black -> restart.

When I installed the latest Displaylink drivers/ software, I was told there was a problem with the Asmedia USB3.0 host controller. I updated to the latest version 1.16.12.0 - dunno whether the problem persists?!?

I disabled Aero...still nothing!

How could I possible get that stuff working?! It should theoretically...

Thx
stingray

Stingray
01-20-2014, 01:00 PM
[MOSTLY SOLVED]

Ok, so I played dummily around and that's what I get:

Unplug all USB Monitors and install the latest Software. BTW: The above mentioned USB 3.0 Drivers did not seem to be a Problem anymore.

Disable Aero via commandline NOT via System control.

Then plug in the Monitors. Surround will be off. Enter Resolution page in System control and reset Resolution to match the before entered res in nvidia surround. Voila. It's there and working.

Issues:
1) Taskbar is over whole three Screens... can live with that, but it is not ideal.
2) Nvidia control Panel Options are gone. When you unplug however and restart they are there again. There could be a smoother solution.

Suggestions to the 2 issues?

regards,
stingray