PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing

seglberg
01-10-2014, 06:55 PM
It is very disappointing to see no support for the newer USB 3.0 DisplayLink powered replicators.

We are mainly a development shop and a majority of us use Linux, and with many laptops no longer coming with dedicated docking stations, it is frustrating to say the least.

Marina87
03-12-2014, 09:49 AM
Agreed. Lack of support is really disturbing.

Hecke
07-01-2014, 07:41 AM
Hi DisplayLink,

I was about to purchase a bunch of Lenovo LT1423p monitors for pen input for our Linux desktops in the institute.
Unfortunately, there seems no progress regarding the USB3 support.

The absence of official statements despite the voices from competent Linux graphics developers makes obvious the lack of interest in going in that direction.

Sad.

DisplayLink is not the solution to our quest for a paperless ( in the sense of less paper;-) ) office in the department.

So the test monitor will be sent back and no order will be placed.

Hecke

gagaboul
08-26-2014, 09:48 PM
I have to add that on Windows 8.1, the USB 3.0 doesn't work correctly or at all.

Dan
02-16-2015, 09:23 PM
Hi DisplayLink,

I was about to purchase a bunch of Lenovo LT1423p monitors for pen input for our Linux desktops in the institute.
Unfortunately, there seems no progress regarding the USB3 support.

The absence of official statements despite the voices from competent Linux graphics developers makes obvious the lack of interest in going in that direction.

Sad.

DisplayLink is not the solution to our quest for a paperless ( in the sense of less paper;-) ) office in the department.

So the test monitor will be sent back and no order will be placed.

Hecke

Please add your requirement for Linux support in your feedback to the reseller and will be considered proportionately.

Personally I think it would be great!