PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8.1 Pro on Surface Pro and Surface Pro 2 with Kensington SD3000V incompatible

JBNHS
01-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Hi,

I've got both the first and second generation MS Surface Pro at the office. We have Kensingtons SD3000V port replicator. According to Kensington this device should at least be compatible with the first generation Surface Pro, but it's not :(.

I've :

- Installed 7.4 versions and the latest 7.5m0 driver packages
- Cleaned installations with the cleanup tool when connection failed

And so on. Keyboard and mouse work, but I get no image on my Dell monitor (which has a USB hub as well and is connected to the SD3000V; disconnecting this USB hub doesn't make a difference, but I thought I should mention its existence anyway)..

In the device manager I can see the replicator, though it is listed as a high speed USB hub device with Device manager error code 10 (cannot start). On updating the device drivers and scrolling to the 8.1 driver in the program files, Windows 8.1 states that no compatible driver was found.

I'm at a loss. The crazy thing is that the Surface Pro 2 worked once(!). And the Surface Pro worked once(!) at my home where I have a HP USB 3.0 dock.

What the hell!?

Hoping to hear from you.

JamesH
01-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Hi,

The fact that you are seeing only the dock's hub in Device Manager sounds like a hardware issue.

Can you try connecting with a USB 2.0 cable?

If you have no joy with that can you attach the logs from this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James

gamesaregood
02-01-2014, 10:08 PM
I've got exactly this issue with my Surface Pro and SD3000V, did you manage to get this issue resolved?

Thanks,
Michael