PDA

View Full Version : Multiple USB Adapters and Mavericks

Gracefull
12-23-2013, 10:01 PM
I regularly use 3 BVU195 USB adapters on my Macbook Pro 2011 With OSX 10.6.8, It works Awesome. BUT.........
After upgrading to Mavericks I can only get 1 of the adapters to run, the display preferences show that it recognizes all 3 adapters and monitors,
But only one monitor powers up and is usable, the other 2 are just black. HELP!!!!
I am running a 2011 Macbook Pro osx 10.9.1 and Displaylinks newest driver.

Carlo
12-24-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi Gracefull,

You stumbled upon one of many known issues in Mavericks. A list is here: http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=354

I have sort of good news, we are implementing a wide rage of workarounds to take care of this and some slowness and corruption and other gifts from Mavericks.
The situation is likely not going to be perfect, for example at the moment I have all my screens up but the layout is still lost at every connection. Not sure we can work around that.

As usual I can't give any dates for a release unfortunately. We are working on this as I'm writing, if you look at the date you can tell it's important to us.

Carlo

Gracefull
12-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Well I got all 3 of my USB-DVI Monitor Adaptors to work by using the DVI-Analog cable adapters(Thanks Maxiim99), I can only use 1 monitor in DVI mode it seems. with 1 monitor in DVI mode and 1 in Analog (just two monitor config) they work good. with 1 DVI and 2 analog (3 monitor config) the DVI flickers. with all 3 in Analog, the seem to work good with no flickering. Still does not retain the display layout on a reboot.
But they are usable in this configuration.
Weird that they will not work in the DVI configuration, same adaptors the Diamond BVU195 USB-DVI just using the analog cabling they work, DVI cabling they DO NOT work.
Not sure if this will help anyone but these are my findings on a Macbook Pro 2011

Merry Christmas