PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks 10.9.1

perlguy9
12-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Any word on if 10.9.1 fixes the stability and performance issues?

ehendrix
12-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Just updated to 10.9.1, previously I had an issue with "Show Desktop" ( see other thread in this forum) and that seems to be resolved now.
I haven't had any other real issues (except for "Apple" icon not showing on menubar which is not really a major issue).

perlguy9
12-17-2013, 03:08 PM
I've had quite a bit of stability issues, random reboots, etc under 10.9. 10.9.1 does not seem to have helped.

itadmincrbc
12-17-2013, 06:14 PM
I'm totally scared to update.

ehendrix
12-17-2013, 08:16 PM
I am running with only 1 Displaylink monitor attached (and 1 display port), so possible that other folks with issues have more then 1 displaylink attached.

itadmincrbc
12-17-2013, 08:34 PM
I updated but I'm not even going to try connecting the second monitor to the dock. I know it's not going to work.

cclabots
12-17-2013, 08:56 PM
I upgraded today:
MacBook Pro early 2013
Using a USB 3.0 SIIG Beyond HD device powered by displaylink as one of two additional displays, 3 in all.
The display link screen displays but is not functional. windows ghost when moved to the screen (they are there but not visible). When selecting display all windows the window appears but when you move it back to one of the other two screens part of the image of the window remains on the display link screen.

Menu bar menus highlight but the drop down menu does not appear.

I'm guessing displaylink didn't test under the beta or didn't finish prior to production release.

The third display on my MacBook Pro is for the most part not functional

Carlo
12-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Just updated to 10.9.1 on my Mac. All seems as before for me but please note that I have finally disabled "Displays have separate Spaces" in Mission Control.
I just can't work with the new multiple screen behaviour. I think Ars Technica have just scratched the surface of why it's so inconvenient!
(http://arstechnica.com/apple/2013/11/after-a-month-of-use-we-dish-out-our-biggest-gripes-with-os-x-mavericks/)

We're testing the released 10.9.1 formally as well, so far found corruption on the menubar and new use cases for the known Window Server crashes.
Can you please post here any new issues? We don't always need the full logs, the important details are usually the model of Mac, kind of connection (HDMI/DP/DVI/VGA) and if changing layout makes a difference, for example mirror/main screen or rotation.

Thank you
Carlo

mikefoley
12-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi,

I updated my Mac yesterday to 10.9.1. When I sat down this morning in front of my Macbook Pro (mid-2012, 16GB, i7, SSD) I found an error like this:

http://twitter.com/mikefoley/status/413306997283766272/photo/1

All memory was sucked up by kernel_task. See here:

http://twitter.com/mikefoley/status/413306263792259072/photo/1
Uninstalled the driver using the uninstall package. Rebooted. Installed the 2.1 driver. Saw memory immediately balloon up. The system locked up. I had to power cycle.

Then everything started working ok. Memory usage by kernel_task is back to 1.04GB. 2nd screen is working fine.

There was a hell of a memory leak in your code. :(

I looked in my Downloads folder. I believe the version I was using was 2.1 Beta that was created on September 2nd at 4:45am. I tried to expand the driver pkg files but was unable to do that.

Device used: Monoprice USB 2.0 to DVI adapter. Been using it since 2011. Works great most of the time. No corruption issues, etc..

mike

mark.hopkins
12-19-2013, 04:33 PM
I am running the 2.1 driver on 10.9.1 and all seems well, but could be a bit smoother. Has anyone seen the error on my attachment? It seems informational and does not have negative impact.

Thanks

-Mark

wojtow
12-19-2013, 06:28 PM
After upgrading to 10.9.1 this morning. I was able to get DisplayLink to work with both my external displays for the first time since initially installing 10.9. I have not used it long enough to test every possibility, but so far I have not noticed any issues. In fact, some of the flickering problems I had under 10.8 and the 2.0 driver no longer appear.

So, far so good.

MacBook Air 10.9.1
DisplayLink driver 2.0
Kensington USB 3.0 Docking Station (M01167)
Dual 1920x1200 displays

alphadog
12-20-2013, 12:45 PM
After upgrading to 10.9.1 this morning. I was able to get DisplayLink to work with both my external displays for the first time since initially installing 10.9. I have not used it long enough to test every possibility, but so far I have not noticed any issues. In fact, some of the flickering problems I had under 10.8 and the 2.0 driver no longer appear.

So, far so good.

MacBook Air 10.9.1
DisplayLink driver 2.0
Kensington USB 3.0 Docking Station (M01167)
Dual 1920x1200 displays

What happens if your machine goes to sleep or you try to undock and then redock? Do you get all screens back automatically?

wojtow
12-20-2013, 06:24 PM
What happens if your machine goes to sleep or you try to undock and then redock? Do you get all screens back automatically?

Drat! I was so happy to have it back I used it non-stop yesterday. This morning I see though that it does have problems with both undock/redock and sleep.

Undock/redock: Seems to forgot the previous display settings and randomly assign screen positions and the desktop backgrounds that I had set. Can reproduce with differing results each time.

Sleep: On my one attempt to sleep while docked, it would not wake up (or if it did, all the screens, including the built-in display were black and unresponsive). Had to force power off and restart. As this corrupted one of my application's data, I'm reluctant to try to reproduce. Has no problem sleeping/waking if undocked first.

Also... I just noticed that yesterday I had menu bars on all three displays (per the new feature in 10.9 to do that). Today, it is back to the menubar on the primary display only.

So, I guess there are still serious issues. At the moment, I'm so happy to have the productivity of my big screens back, I'm willing to work around the issues by resetting the display locations each day, and being careful to undock before sleeping. Have had it set to not sleep while plugged into power anyway.

Thank you for the developers for working on this issue and good luck dealing with Apple.

jgatl
01-13-2014, 03:31 PM
Also... I just noticed that yesterday I had menu bars on all three displays (per the new feature in 10.9 to do that). Today, it is back to the menubar on the primary display only.

I show the menu bar in all three displays. I did find that taking a eVGA UV Plus+16 into a powered USB hub and then into the mac does not work. You have to now plug the USB adapter directly into the mac to make it work.

One other bug. The apple menu icon on the displayport screen does not show up. If you click where it should be, it shows up. I've attached two screenshots.

Memory seems to be fine, anywhere from 0.5%-1.8% of usage for DisplayLinkUserAgent and DisplayLinkManager (each). Seems to hold around 0.6% most of the time

Macbook pro 5,5 (mid 2009) 2.53ghz core2duo 8GB memory
eVGA UVPlus+16

jgatl
01-17-2014, 05:37 PM
I show the menu bar in all three displays. I did find that taking a eVGA UV Plus+16 into a powered USB hub and then into the mac does not work. You have to now plug the USB adapter directly into the mac to make it work.

Fix is to unplug the USB hub from the mac while the Mac is running, then re-plug it in. All devices will be treated like they are just being plugged in for the first time. This appears to be a Mavericks problem not display link. Displaylink working fine under 2.1 now.

Melia
01-21-2014, 06:03 PM
Displaylink working fine under 2.1 now.

not quite...

a bunch of flickers frame drops... and even frame drops on main iMac display while gaming. Even with DL monitor unplugged.. driver is crappy and most of the topics here are about bugs...