PDA

View Full Version : Mouse lag only on display link monitors

nickfmc
11-27-2013, 12:23 AM
I am running 3 monitors, 1 HDMI out of my laptop and 2 via displaylink from my Toshiba Dynadock. The HDMI monitor is fine but when my mouse cursor is on the display link monitors and I hover links on the web for example and my mouse cursor changes from a pointer to a hand I get a brief mouse freeze which is subtle but enough with the work I do to be unusable, I have tried everything I could find online for troubleshooting.

Windows 8.1
Sony VAIO ultrabook
Toshiba Dynadock U3
displaylink monitors HP Compaq LA2205wg 1680 x 1050

ecsw
03-27-2014, 06:32 PM
I am running 3 monitors, 1 HDMI out of my laptop and 2 via displaylink from my Toshiba Dynadock. The HDMI monitor is fine but when my mouse cursor is on the display link monitors and I hover links on the web for example and my mouse cursor changes from a pointer to a hand I get a brief mouse freeze which is subtle but enough with the work I do to be unusable, I have tried everything I could find online for troubleshooting.

Windows 8.1
Sony VAIO ultrabook
Toshiba Dynadock U3
displaylink monitors HP Compaq LA2205wg 1680 x 1050

Try go to Windows Power Options and adjust Minimum processor state to 80% when plugged in and somewhere around 20-30% on battery.

That fixed my problem when DisplayLink dock lags on all monitors. Same dock works on Windows 7 no lag but Windows 8.1 need the boost for some reason.