PDA

View Full Version : Official 2.1 Driver vs. Beta 2.1

jkirker
11-03-2013, 04:05 PM
On my new 2013 MBP I updated to to the new 2.1 drivers from the Beta 2.1 and after doing so I was left with the old 1 monitor black and 1 monitor live issue.

I regressed back to the beta and both external monitors are working properly again.

Any thoughts?

2013 MBP / NVIDIA GFORCE GT 750

Regards,
John

akprasad
11-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Same here. The beta worked for me too whereas the final release of 2.1 is giving me the blank screen problem.

Is there way to download the beta version again from somewhere? I deleted the beta dmg after immediately after installing it and now can't find it on the site.

sgniwder
11-04-2013, 01:07 PM
I experienced the same issues. I have reverted back to the beta version. I have attached it for those of you that may need it.

akprasad
11-04-2013, 02:06 PM
Great! Thanks sgniwder. Installed and finally have all my screens back.

Also noticed an issue where my wifi would not auto connect at reboot seems to be fixed as well. Not sure how this problem could be connected to release 2.1 but at least its fixed.

jkirker
11-07-2013, 06:18 AM
Any feedback or comments from DisplayLink reps on this?

Carlo
11-08-2013, 01:29 PM
I see something similar on my setup here with 2.1. Well, I used to see it: every time I connect the screens on Mavericks I get a different behaviour.

The screen that is blank was actually appearing on the desktop: it was possible to manipulate it in the Arrangement tab of the Displays system preference.
Is it happening the same in your case?
If it is, can you also please report (using 2.1 final) the name of the blank screen as it is shown in the title of the Displays preference for it? (Use Gather Windows to see it)

The logs collected through http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 would be helpful as well.

To give you some context, we have some workarounds for the Mavericks multiple display behaviour in 2.1 that are not in the beta. For most people they seem to be beneficial but for some definitely not! I hope we'll be able to find more comprehensive workarounds while we wait for an OS fix.

Regards,
Carlo

Carlo
11-15-2013, 05:42 PM
One question to everyone with black screens with v2.1 of the drivers: do you use one or more rotated screens?

Cheers,
Carlo

sgniwder
11-20-2013, 12:47 PM
I do not have a rotated screen.

richkahn
11-21-2013, 12:55 PM
DisplayLink is blaming the "known issues" on Apple's new OS...so if that is true what does Beta work on Mavericks and the final release does not?

To me is sounds like DisplayLink can fix the issue, but maybe I am missing something.

Based on this thread I just installed the beta to confirm for myself, and have my 3 monitors back up and running. However, I am seriously debating on getting rid of my display link adapters and Dell monitors and treating myself to the Apple 27 inch monitor :)

akprasad
11-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Carlo - I am using one rotated screen.

For more clarity, of my three VGA screens, one is connected to my MBA directly to the Thunderbolt adaptor, another by Displaylink but not rotated and the other Displaylink rotated.

alphadog
11-27-2013, 08:12 PM
I see something similar on my setup here with 2.1. Well, I used to see it: every time I connect the screens on Mavericks I get a different behaviour.

The screen that is blank was actually appearing on the desktop: it was possible to manipulate it in the Arrangement tab of the Displays system preference.
Is it happening the same in your case?
If it is, can you also please report (using 2.1 final) the name of the blank screen as it is shown in the title of the Displays preference for it? (Use Gather Windows to see it)

The logs collected through http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 would be helpful as well.

To give you some context, we have some workarounds for the Mavericks multiple display behaviour in 2.1 that are not in the beta. For most people they seem to be beneficial but for some definitely not! I hope we'll be able to find more comprehensive workarounds while we wait for an OS fix.

Regards,
Carlo

Are the log files encrypted? They seem like gibberish. Also, if i install the log collector after problems - and run it for the first time, will it collect anything meaningful, or do i have to wait for problems again?

I am disturbed that my box locked up on reboot with my dock connected - and I am running 10.9.1

Carlo
11-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Yes the logs are encrypted. It's fine to install the debug tool after the issue has happened, but collecting the debug information immediately after it happens is very helpful.

About this issue I think we understand what is going on at least in one instance. There could be more than one 'blank screen' issue however so having additional information always helps.

Before you ask, I can't give you a timeline for the fix: we need to make sure everything is still working OK including all the Mavericks-specific workarounds.

Cheers,
Carlo

P.S. Unfortunately for me, my blank screen is something different. I don't think it's a regression.

alphadog
11-30-2013, 01:37 AM
Thanks Carlo - just happy to hear you are working on it. For now I am using one displaylink and one MiniDisplayport connection to minimize the issue - looking forward to having full use of my dock back eventually.