PDA

View Full Version : Application Windows on Wrong Monitors after Sleep

brnseldn
10-27-2013, 10:05 PM
When my machine resumes from Sleep mode all the application windows are on the wrong monitor. Some of the apps are totally off-screen and inaccesible.

Wim
10-30-2013, 08:57 AM
That will happen if your laptop turns off USB VBUS during sleep. Losing VBUS looks like the USB cable has been unplugged so the DisplayLink screens have been disconnected/reconnected, moving the application windows.

There may be an option to change the USB behaviour on sleep (S3) in the BIOS.

Wim

brnseldn
10-31-2013, 02:52 AM
This used to happen some of the time with the previous version of the driver. With the latest version it happens every time. So it appears to be a problem that can be fixed with software.

Wim
10-31-2013, 08:43 AM
We do nothing to change/move application Windows onto screens. This is all handled by the OS.

I have seen that the OS does leave apps off screen sometimes when unplugging. The OS or application should move itself back to a visible display, but this doesn't always happen. A work around is to select the window on the task bar and use shift+windows key, then the left and right arrows to move it back to a visible display.

Let me look into this further.

Wim

brnseldn
10-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Another problem with the latest driver is that when I minimize a window on one monitor it get's restored onto a different monitor.

gmkayaker
07-27-2015, 02:57 PM
Whenever my laptop sleeps, the windows end up on different monitors.