PDA

View Full Version : Problem with achieving max resolution using DVI -> UTP converters

joostplas
08-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Hi,

I am using the DisplayLink software to create 4 more outputs on my Mac Mini (using the USB32HDDVII converter).

This is working like it should. But in some situations I want to connect my displays using CAT5 cables. For this I'm using these converters:
http://kvmshop.dk/product.asp?product=28811&lang=uk

When I'm using the converters the EDID/correct resolution of my display isn't being send right. I can choose 1920 x 1080 in my OSX preferences, but my converters automatically changes this to 1024 x 768. Of course I'm also taking this up with the manufacturer of the converters, but maybe someone can shine a light on this here.

It is working with 1280 x 720, but not with the max resolution of the screens.
Is the DisplayLink software using the regular EDID override method of OSX (/System/Library/Displays/Overrides). I was hoping to catch the EDID of the screens by connecting them directly to the Startech converters and using this EDID for the screens that are connected through the CAT5 converters.

Any suggestions? I've uploaded the debug info (DSIP are the Dell screens that are connected by using the CAT5 converters).